Returning

Please tell us a little about yourself.

Returning

Sponsor

Sponsor

Returning

Postby tunedbysaturnsl1 » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:11 am

Hello. I haven't been on here in quite some time. I'm a seasoned building I suppose. Most of my experience is with the Pocher Ferrari models, mainly the Testarossa Spyder in white and the infamous F40.

I currently have an unbuilt mint F40 in red that will be mated with Autographs' transkit and a metal engine from Scale Details. My mom originally bought both of these for me many years ago, but I had to sell them due to unfortunate expenses. But, since then, I've been able to reacquire them both from eBay. This is probably the most expense model in my collection.

I'm working on a the white Spyder Testarossa currently. I'll have a few parts requests due to it being second-hand and slightly started. Eventually, I would like to add a convertible top kit. I've been happy with the progress so far.

I also have an unstarted Pocher Porsche 911 in black as well as the GT2 transkit. Can't remember the manufacturer, but it's super rare if I recall correctly. I purchased this transkit from a chap in Australia. This is the same person that I purchased my already build blue LeMans converted F40 from.

Also, sitting in the corner with the 911 is my un-started Pocher Lamborghini Aventador in orange. I've always loved Lamborghinis since the Coutach so, picking this up was a no-brainer. Though the Diablo is my absolute favorite.

Another car that came from overseas was the Hachette Fiat 500 Abarth. I searched for a very long time for this car and had to use Google translate to set up the purchase from Italy. It came and I was quite worried since the box was destroyed. Thankfully, it was complete, car, magazine pamphlets, and all. Just needed to fix a bumper and fender that got knocked out of whack.

My latest acquirement was Eaglemoss' Nissan GT-R/R35. Sadly, like the Fiat, this was never released in the USA. (Why these cool things are never released here is beyond me!) But, using a Japan proxy service, I was able to get one for a really good price. This is even factoring in the atrocious shipping cost due to size (huge) and weight (heavy). It came with the magazines and binders as well as the car. It didn't come with the key fob (grr) so I'm looking for that in addition to possibly a "new to me" plinth and screw box. (I have a listing in the For Sale/Wanted section if anyone can help me out.)

So, yes, with my F40, Aventador, and the Porsche, I have some building to do indeed! Eventually, I'd love to add Hachette's LaFerrari (gorgeous car) and the Mustang and Coutach from De Agostini. I perhaps have been thinking about taking on either the Mustang or the 1/4(?) Harley Davidson model for my father. (Both of which I'd think he'd like.)

I'm currently enrolled for the Eaglemoss Build the Delorean (from Back II The Future) as well as Hachette's Subaru Impreza WRC. I'm a very bid BTTF fan. I have the Hot Toys 1/6 version, but the thought of building a super detailed model is motivating. As for the Subaru, these are one of my favorite cars in real life as well.

Well, forgive my rambling. It's good to be back and see what all everyone has been tinkering with.
tunedbysaturnsl1
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Returning

Postby casper » Fri Feb 10, 2017 10:25 am

Hi and welcome back :)
you have a very nice car collection that should keep you busy for some time.
Would be great to see some photos of your work and later maybe a review of both the Hot toy Delorean and the Eaglemoss Delorean.
Hachette's Subaru Impreza looks nice
casp
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:50 am

Welcome back to the forum !! That is a very impressive collection of kits you have. Many years work !! I'll look forward to seeing how your projects progress.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby baby_astons » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:28 pm

welcome back indeed - never look for ecuses over rambling :D
you have a nice and impressive range of cars there, fine to see someone equally obsessed with super-detailing -
and hope to see some of your builds in the galery or as a build diary!!
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby tunedbysaturnsl1 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:17 pm

Certainly will post pictures up as I make progress. I've started receiving parts for both Eaglemoss' Delorean and Hachette's Subaru and am hopeful that I'll continue making use of parcel forwarding services. Fingers crossed.

I'm also hoping to hear soon about some spare parts for my Nissan GT-R to bring it to its glory.
tunedbysaturnsl1
Corporal
Corporal

Return to Introductions