Laura's Disney Castle

A little corner for discussion and display of Lego, Meccano and similar models.

Re: Laura's Disney Castle

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby casper » Thu Aug 08, 2019 11:25 am

With the size of the box you could keep most of it built in separate sections in zip bags and pad the box out with bubblewrap. The larger sets normally come with the outer packaging when ordered online but from the shops they come as is but a simple thin card sleeve would help.
great set :) my granddaughter has it and almost all the mini-figs
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:20 am

Yes, it’s a huge box and some subassemblies would go in, but the chances are it would still get damaged in transit. It’s only a couple of evenings work to pull it apart, and I’ll enjoy reassembling it anyway.

I’ll show Laura all the comments, she’s very proud of the build.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby casper » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:08 am

I love this set and wish I had one in our collection Laura :) Its a very special set and will only get more collectable. I really like the Mickey mouse steam boat as well and this is also on our ever growing wish list. Shane and I recently took our modulars apart for storage while DIY is carried out around our home but I can't see them being re-built again anytime soon :roll: Shane is too busy with other "more important things" now he is 19 :shock: where did the last ten years go :)
I think I will concentrate on buying the kits we really like from now on, hundreds of small boxed sets can take some looking after especially if opened.
Are you keeping the box as is Mark or flattening it out. I had a couple of sets sent to me like that and the boxes were mint, lego was sent separately.
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Previous

Return to Lego & Meccano