Altaya / Journaux.fr problems with replacement issues

Any series that don't fit into the other main categories

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby abraxias » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:08 pm

I'm building two models by Altaya and buying them through journaux.fr as they ship internationally.

However I need replacements for issues 22 and 43 of the Renault 5 build and journaux are out of stock. I guess a lot of people broke the steering wheels like I did, and part 43 shipped with the parts that were meant to be in 42 so I guess again a lot of people have ordered replacements.

With no stock, and judging by history journaux.fr don't tend to restock partworks, my only hope is getting them direct from Altaya but they don't ship internationally.

Has anyone found a way round this? My only thought is to ask American Express concierge services to buy them and forward to me, but maybe there's a better way?
abraxias
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Altaya / Journaux.fr problems with replacement issues

Postby Betto » Thu Mar 10, 2016 1:43 pm

Hi.
I had a similar problem trying to get all the missing issues of the Altaya DS21: the only way is to find someone in France that kindly receive and forward the packages to you.
Betto
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby baby_astons » Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:24 pm

abraxias, it's not correct that journaux do not restock parts - I am a customer ever since the 2cv and have bought literally all subsequent partworks cars they have offered -
it is true however, that sometimes it does take time for them to get supplies of older parts - I received #14 for my alpine renault with #66 so that proves it's worth waiting...
after all, I have been sitting here for 52 weeks without loosing the nerve...

of course, as betto pointed out, if you're unsure about them getting things in stock again you might ask someone in france to order the parts directly from altaya (or visit ebay.fr on a regular base to see what turnes up...)
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby Andrewyzfr6 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:09 pm

anyone know if journeaux.fr has parts for the ds any more? i need 5 parts to complete, but cant find the ds on journeaux. ive emailed altaya in france and spain saking them with out a reply from either. Or does anyone know another way of getting parts?!
Andrewyzfr6
Captain
Captain

Postby baby_astons » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:32 pm

journaux removed the ds pretty quickly after the series ended -
I understand altaya won't send to abroad, only if you have a domestic address or you know someone who will locally get you the parts -
in fact in this world of globalization, someone with enough cash should sue the companies which operate all over europe but wouldn't send to another EU country... :evil:
I had a guy from spain to get me one missing issue for my second ds and two issues for the vw bug directly from altaya spain...

baby_astons
General
General

Postby abraxias » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:59 am

It is definitely a struggle! I'm now needing three issues for the R5 which is clearly going to block me doing much with a lot of the issues I am getting. Really need to find someone in France.....
abraxias
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Andrewyzfr6 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:27 pm

i was needing 5 parts for my ds, 3 of which have been out of stock in france for months. Ive hopefully got them ordered from spain now, going to a friends house there........
its been a real pain to sort (possibly due to the fact i can do french, but not spanish) altay could make a nice bit of money by shipping further afield!
Andrewyzfr6
Captain
Captain

Postby abraxias » Fri May 13, 2016 11:57 am

Hang on, have Altaya got a Spanish company too? That is going to be way easier for me since I live right next to Spain and know loads of people with an address there!
abraxias
Corporal
Corporal

Postby baby_astons » Fri May 13, 2016 12:37 pm

that's right http://www.planetadeagostini.es/colecciones-altaya but they don't offer the renault maxi...

baby_astons
General
General

Postby Andrewyzfr6 » Mon May 23, 2016 11:06 am

i have been emailed by my mate that, for part of the year lives in Malaga that hes posting my parts for the ds over to the uk in the next few days, as he got them from their post office(distribution centre) on saturday. I had a fair problem understanding the emails that i got from Altaya(or delivery partners) but, hopefully got there in the end! This is something im going to avoid in the future, its been a right pain in the ass.
Andrewyzfr6
Captain
Captain

Postby baby_astons » Tue May 24, 2016 2:43 pm

andrew, we all had our painful encounters with foreign partwork companies -
I had some missing issues from the UK and it wasn't easier to fix than your french/soanish troubles -
I even wasn't able to order the parts myself so additionally to the troubles <i also had to get someone from the UK to actually buy the parts for me -
that is something one can circumfere in germany/france/italy as they would allow you to buy and pay for and send to someone else -
having to beg for a host address is one thing, having the person even to pay for you is still a magnitude higher...

but that is life if you want to have something that would normally be absolutely unavailable for you - finidng ways to work it out...

baby_astons
General
General

Return to Misc partworks