Denzel doe's The Yamato

DeAg's web based Yamato partwork

Denzel doe's The Yamato

Sponsor

Sponsor

Denzel doe's The Yamato

Postby denzel » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:40 pm

I recived issue 3 of the Yamato today with a nice new tool case,so time to make a start,I was thinking of radio controlling it but has it is beyond me yet and after reading this on the Model Space Forum I don't think I will -:

"Yes still here had it built once but she was way to top heavy had her on the water but was far to choppy and with one I.C boat flying round should not have tried to put it on the water but ha ho she capsized lost one main gun and one secondary gun just the saltiest bit of water in her was enough to disrupt steering sending her over so now I am going to strip away a lot of the later armament and send her back in time to 1941 and see if that will help it will still be a faire weather ship still no cam for pics as yet hope to get new from santer all i can say is the first sailing was"
We will see how it goe's
denzel
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Re: Denzel doe's The Yamato

Postby tom1992 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:18 am

good choice mate, I also saw something like that on another forum somewhere so I decided not to R/C it either. and it was too much work for me to bother with it :oops:

looking forward to a fellow build diary to look at :D
Cheers,
Tom

BIGGEST IS ALWAYS BEST ;)

Built: Tiger Tank, Bismarck, 'O' gauge Canal boats.
Currently building: Lancaster Bomber, DC-3
On the slipway/In boxes: Hood, Yamato, Titanic, Type VII Sub, Hawker Typhoon, Victory, Sovereign! :shock:
tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Too many heay metal castings in the superstructure to make her a successful working model I fear.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tom1992 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:51 pm

agreed, If I was going to R/C it I would scrap the metal castings (apart from the bridge) and remake them in wood or plastic much lighter.
Cheers,
Tom

On the slipway/In boxes: Hood, Yamato, Titanic, Type VII Sub, Hawker Typhoon, Victory, Sovereign! :shock:
tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Eric » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:53 pm

R/C or static, she will make a great addition to anyone's display case, such a dramatic, powerfull looking ship. Like nothing before or since.
Building;
HMS Hood
Tiger Tank
RMS Titanic

Built;
Bismarck
Eric
Colonel
Colonel

Postby tom1992 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:04 am

I agree, although she would've looked even better with a 4th triple turret ont he stern and a proper catapult me thinks :think:
Shame she did'nt have a more "active" career but if she did the war may have turned out differently :?
Cheers,
Tom

tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby chill » Thu Jan 26, 2012 10:21 am

tom1992 wrote:I agree, although she would've looked even better with a 4th triple turret ont he stern and a proper catapult me thinks :think:
Shame she did'nt have a more "active" career but if she did the war may have turned out differently :?

Yes the books of History could well have read differently, maybe the Pacific War would have gone on longer past 1945. As the Yamato was on its way to be beached as impregnable fortress when it is was sunk.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby denzel » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:20 pm

Denzel doe's The Yamato or shoud it be The Yamato doe's Denzel I was up till 3am Friday nigth/morning with it :doh: I had my build board and three months issues so thought I try a dry fit the keel to see how it would fit. One of the worst thing was opening the vacum packed piece's.While doing so I should of marked them up...............I didn't so come to fit the bulkhead I was as a loss,so I started at the bow and stearn and worked inwards................finally found the problem, DeAgostini had set two extra bulkhaeds............... :doh: :doh:

look's ok so far

Yes that is a warp in the stearn keel which I will have to get out
denzel
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby tom1992 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Denzel,

Yes, DeAg also sent me two extra bulkheads :evil: so after getting them mixed up twice, I finally glued them in.

Shame about the Kink, It should straiten out once you put in the rest of the stern framework that makes up the catapult platform (at least it did with mine).
It also appears wou have a slight list to starboard unless its because you havn't glued it yet?
Cheers,
Tom

tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby denzel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:20 pm

tom1992 wrote:Hi Denzel,

Yes, DeAg also sent me two extra bulkheads :evil: so after getting them mixed up twice, I finally glued them in.

Thanks tom.................. :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Last edited by denzel on Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
denzel
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby denzel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:25 pm

tom1992 wrote:Hi Denzel,

Shame about the Kink, It should straiten out once you put in the rest of the stern framework that makes up the catapult platform (at least it did with mine).
It also appears wou have a slight list to starboard unless its because you havn't glued it yet?

I had not glued it then done now and the kink is fixed too,just had an e-mail with my new instructions so next issue sould be no there way :dance: :dance:
denzel
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby tom1992 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi Denzel,

She's looking good mate have a K :D

I've also just recieved an email saying my 7th set is on its way :dance: cant wait

P.s Have you started on teh bridge structure yet?
Cheers,
Tom

tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby denzel » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:55 pm

Just found my super glue so will be making a start but need some grey primer........... :doh:
denzel
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby tom1992 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:05 am

good good :D looking forward to your progress,

Tom
tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to DeAgostini Yamato