Reviews

DeAg's web based Yamato partwork

Reviews

Sponsor

Sponsor

Reviews

Postby Grumman Guy » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:55 pm

Hi all

I'm quite keen to build this ship or any WWII plank on frame battleship. I'm looking at ordering this one from Modelspace over 11 months. What's the general opinion out there about this kit?

I'm keen on the Bismarck too but it's only available as a full kit at the moment and I have a 1:200 GPM cardboard kit of the Tirpitz.
Grumman Guy
Private
Private

Re: Reviews

Postby chill » Mon Jun 05, 2017 3:18 pm

Cant recommend the BIsmarck (Bissie ) enough. Stunning model. Shame its only a full kit option. I was lucky enough to get the model in Partworks issues.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Grumman Guy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Definitely will be on my to do list if the issue it in a subscription form. So right now the Yamato will have to do.
Grumman Guy
Private
Private

Postby Mark » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:36 pm

I've not seen the kit, but I've heard that the die cast parts are not very refined. The etched parts are supposed to be good though.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Grumman Guy » Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:21 pm

Well it's my only real option for now. So will make a go of it.
Grumman Guy
Private
Private

Postby tom1992 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:59 pm

Hi mate,
I've got the full kit of this, I've started it and this far the wooden frames and planks are just as good as any other model of this type (the instructions don't make it very easy though!) The castings however as Mark has said are a little crude and need a pot of cleaning/ re shaping to fit properly! :angry-banghead: inbthe other hand, the etched brass detail sheets seem to be of unusually good quality compared to the rest of the model which should hopefully give the model a good finish! We'll have to see how detailed the final model is but if it's not that good there's plenty of aftermarket detail up packs to go with the trumpeter 1:250 Yamato to get the desired result! It'll probably be a while before I get round to building mine again so I'll be interested in following your build! :D
Cheers,
Tom

BIGGEST IS ALWAYS BEST ;)

Built: Tiger Tank, Bismarck, 'O' gauge Canal boats.
Currently building: Lancaster Bomber, DC-3
On the slipway/In boxes: Hood, Yamato, Titanic, Type VII Sub, Hawker Typhoon, Victory, Sovereign! :shock:
tom1992
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to DeAgostini Yamato