The competition is now open - here are the rules.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Mark » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:55 pm

The annual Christmas Competition is open. Further to the poll I ran earlier, I will now allow slightly larger kits, and give you longer to build them.

The aim is to build an Airfix kit series 4 or smaller, and post a build diary. The idea is to keep it cheap and simple, and not too time consuming. A level playing field.

The rules are
1. The kits must be an Airfix series 4 model or smaller (past or present, land, sea or air, or space). Current list price for these is £13.99 according to the Airfix web site. They can be identified by the box code which starts A01 to A04... E.g. A01001 is the 1/72 scale Spitfire. Most starter kits are OK. E.g. the 1/32 DB5 and E-type. Check with me first to make sure.
2. Some other makes of kit may be allowed. These must retail at £13.99 or less. (Full price, sale or Ebay prices don't count !) Check with me to make sure they are eligible.
3. No aftermarket accessories are allowed. E.g. No brass etched detail sets, resin details sets. The idea is to keep the competition as cheap as possible. Aftermarket decal sets will be allowed in you want to do an alternative colour scheme.
4. You can add extra details using common items such as wire, plasticard, wood, etc. (Resin casting is out - sorry Astons.)
5. Judging will be by a vote from the forum.
6. You must post a build diary, which can be brief (but we like reading build diaries - hint hint ) but should contain a photo of the parts laid out, some construction shots, and a shot of the finished model (how else can we judge it ). Build diaries must be posted in this section.
7. Models must be presented for voting by the 6th Jan. There will be no extensions this year !
8. My decision is final, and anybody who argues will be publicly humiliated, shot at lunchtime (I'm not a morning person), and then boiled in oil and steamed until they have shrunk to 1/8 size. Then they wil lbe dresses in a Tux and put on display in a DB5.
9. Details of the prize wil lbe announced shortly.
10. You can enter more than one model if you wish.
11. One thread per build diary, and only one build diary per thread.
12. The Dora Railgun is still out, even if you try to claim that you did buy it off Ebay for £13.99

All entrants will get Karma points. The winner will get even more Karma points, and may get a small prize.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The competition is now open - here are the rules.

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:05 am

Just a quick reminder. The competition finishes on the 6th Jan. No extensions this year.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to 2012 Xmas Competition