Re: Tigerace`s Akagi

Postby steve131 » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:20 pm

:clap: Starting to take shape now.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby tigerace » Tue May 03, 2016 10:39 am

Here`s where i`m up to now both etch decks on and painted and all fixture`s added also fire control and wood store added along with gun platforms more soon :D
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage thanks for looking regards Phil
Built Bismark! building= Hood,Tigertank,Lancaster,Titanic , Akagi and U96 cheers tigerace
tigerace
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby Mark » Thu May 05, 2016 1:05 am

Nice progress Phil. She's looking very sweet !
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby tigerace » Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 am

Thanks Mark ,so i received pack 20 which has the first deck pieces and metal frame work and metal posts for holding the flight deck in place also thick wire for the bracing,NOW word of warning here for anyone building this model the flight deck comes in several parts and the wood effect cardboard is glued to this ,the decks themselves are 3 mm ply, now looking at another modeler`s build he explains that when you apply the cardboard to the ply it tends to warp the deck,so he did the following which i`m going to follow he replaced the 5 middle parts of the deck with one single piece of 3 mm perspex and only used the bow and stern ply, so then he glued this permantley down so you can`t see the internals but has he points out over time will the ply from the 7 parts warp even further due to warm and cold conditions changing where you keep the model .so has i say i will be doing what this guy has done to use the bow and stern ply with all the metal work attached then use a single piece of perspex for the remainder then cover the flight deck with 0.5 #2 mm lime strip there by giving it a more realistic appearance but i won`t be able to show the internals which are not well detailed anyway,so the flight deck will be full of aircraft :D will post pictures asap regards Phil.
Built Bismark! building= Hood,Tigertank,Lancaster,Titanic , Akagi and U96 cheers tigerace
tigerace
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby number1 » Tue May 24, 2016 7:05 pm

Excellent work on the Akagi, worth a K
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby tigerace » Sat May 28, 2016 3:29 pm

Thankyou and thanks for the K :D pack 20 arrived and with this the first deck parts and superstructure ,flight deck support`s and braceing plus the crew refuge partsImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image also added the walk ways and gun platforms and rudders + props Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage
tigerace
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby builder » Tue May 31, 2016 5:28 pm

Some very nice work out there Tigerace.
K for that beautiful job.
Unfortunately this is not my ship.
To much in stash, like HMS Cossack, DKM Prinz Eugen and HMS Suffolk.
And working on HMS Hood and DKM Bismarck.
Many years to go I'm afraid.
Cheers from the Netherlands.
Building the Bismarck.
HMS Hood on the shelf for a while.
Prinz Eugen issues 1-135 in stash.
builder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby tigerace » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:52 am

Thanks for your comments Builder :D .i no what you mean about the stash would like to build the Prinz Eugen in 1/200 looks awesome :D cheer`s Phil
tigerace
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Previous

Return to Akagi