How would you display this armour?

DeAgostinis 1/2 scale Samurai Armour. Available from DeAgs on line shop, http://www.model-space.com

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby snapdragon » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:49 pm

Ok, Chaps and Chapettes,

Never mind putting the damn thing together, how would you choose to display this set of armour?

My Idea is to ask my father to make a wooden framed glass case and install white LED lights that can run off a battery. Ideally I would want the LEDS that produce no heat. The Base of the case to be polished wood. The wires for the LED Lights will run in channels in the frame.

Anybody else with an Idea?
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: How would you display this armour?

Postby steve131 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:57 pm

What is the traditional Japanese way to display it :think:
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby casper » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:41 pm

snapdragon wrote:Ok, Chaps and Chapettes,

Never mind putting the damn thing together, how would you choose to display this set of armour?

My Idea is to ask my father to make a wooden framed glass case and install white LED lights that can run off a battery. Ideally I would want the LEDS that produce no heat. The Base of the case to be polished wood. The wires for the LED Lights will run in channels in the frame.

A wooden display stand is also included snaps but you would have to make a case to keep it dust free.
and LED bulbs hardly give off heat
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby farrabass » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:12 pm

casper wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Ok, Chaps and Chapettes,

A wooden display stand is also included snaps but you would have to make a case to keep it dust free.
and LED bulbs hardly give off heat

Apparently the display box/stand is made from some rigid card :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

Just wondering what subscription I should go for next? my Sovereign is nearing the end of its run and there seems to be a big choice to choose from now :think:
Cheers, Steve..
farrabass
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby Loki » Tue Dec 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Hello again snapdragon, it's nice to see you. The armour is looking good btw, thoroughly enjoyed making it, especially seeing as all I had to do was put it together. :D
I just regret joining that site :angry-banghead:
I have given the cardboard box to the rabbit to keep her warm over the Christmas. :laughing-rolling:
Loki
Private
Private

Postby farrabass » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:35 pm

"I told you so" :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
This is the best site on the web for families :think: You may need to take the box away from the rabbit? not too sure what the contents may consist of. I can say the Turkey for dinner tomorrow will be of the finest quality, cooked to perfection as usual. :shhh: :think: :laughing-rolling:
farrabass
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Return to Samurai Armour