Ians "Build Your Own Robi"

Any Radio Controlled model partwork series.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Chadders87 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:43 pm

Hi All,

Subscribed to Build Robi through Deagostini. I love robotics and after reading up about this one quite a bit, have decided to have a crack at it.

As usual, Deagostini don't make things simple. I have received Issue 2 today but issue 1 is nowhere to be seen.

Also, I received the "3rd" gift which is a nice "Robi" T-shirt. Fits nicely :dance:

Parts in Issue 2 are:
Left head frame
Neck mounting
Right head frame
2 Eye sockets
Lower face
screws, black tape and a screw driver.

Of the magazine, it actually has a few interesting articles. If you like transformers and the future of robotics. Lucky me ey.. :geek:
The included build instructions seem thorough and easy to follow, but without issue 1, I don't have anything to do yet.

Building: , Deagostini Mustang GT-500, Revell Routemaster
Built: Tamiya Kawasaki ZXRR, Revell Rolls Royce Continental II Phantom, Tamiya Suzuki RGV-1
Stashed: HMS Victory's Cross Section
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Ians "Build Your Own Robi"

Postby Chadders87 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Update from DeAgostini.

After emailing customer services, they have explained that I have only subscribed from issue 2 onwards. As a [rare] gesture, they have sent issue 1 out to me. Unfortunately the Subscriber number I quoted differs to the one they replied with. They have been looking into my Millennium Falcon account and resent the millennium falcons 1st issue!

A quick email in reply has hopefully rectified their error so fingers crossed I will soon be in the possession of Issue `1 of "Robi" (As per my order confirmation)

:angry-chillpill: :angry-chillpill: :angry-chillpill: :angry-banghead:
Built: Tamiya Kawasaki ZXRR, Revell Rolls Royce Continental II Phantom, Tamiya Suzuki RGV-1
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Chadders87 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:32 pm

New Update.

After a lengthy call, DeAgostini have confirmed I am subscribed from issue 1 which is currently out of stock and will be forwarded when they receive it in.

I really do believe DeAgostini need to improve customer services. An automated email letting me know the situation each month would be fine by me.
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Chadders87 » Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:58 pm

3rd email update:

After asking when I can expect issue 1 to be sent out, I was advised it is out of stock and will be posted to me as soon as the new stock arrives.

After a lengthy call, they now advise they don't know when or even IF they are getting any more stock!

Pretty frustrated right about now. How are they escaping trading standards attention?
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby giftek » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:28 pm

I have also received issue 2 and 3 but nothing for issue 1, on which a quick phone call and a lengthy discussion, they have run out of stock, the next delivery from Japan will arrive near the end of September on which issue one will be dispatched, personally they did not anticipate the amount of people who has requested this collection. So we both are now stuck no eyes for our robot could fit a walking stick for it.
Completed Victory, Titanic plus numerous airfix kits
Progress Bismarck, Bounty,
Collecting Sovereign of the Seas
Wish list everything else i can try to sneak into the house
giftek
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Chadders87 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks for the update giftek.

2 months to wait...that's pretty shocking really! I'll have to have a look and see what can be built while issue one is delayed. Or I'll scour eBay for a copy :angry-banghead:
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby giftek » Sun Sep 28, 2014 3:43 pm

Well issue one has arrived at last, but looking like one issue per month at moment, as issue 4 arrived only, next issue five is next month at this rate the end is far far away
Completed Victory, Titanic plus numerous airfix kits
Progress Bismarck, Bounty,
Collecting Sovereign of the Seas
Wish list everything else i can try to sneak into the house
giftek
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Chadders87 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 6:30 pm

That's good news giftek, hopefully my Issue 1 will be along soon too, although nothing is showing up for it in the Deagostini "My Subscriptions" area :(

Also, I haven't received an issue for over a month now so I guess monthly was a bit optimistic too :think:. A few people on ModelSpace are upto issue 8+ and are still on monthly(ish?) issues, and Tomick has also confirmed they will likely stay monthly until issue 11. That's 6 months away for me :shock:

But I don't mind as long as I can finally get issue one and start building lol. Will you be posting a build diary giftek? It will be good to build side by side with someone else....so I can learn how to do it :laughing-rolling:
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby Chadders87 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:16 am

I'm fed up waiting so I've cancelled the subscription.
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Return to R/C Models