rear suspension problem

Any Radio Controlled model partwork series.

rear suspension problem

Sponsor

Sponsor

rear suspension problem

Postby peteoz » Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:51 am

Anyone come up against this problem yet with your build right side is ok,but the left as you can see is not as soon as the top arm goes on the hub
pulls down and when wheel is on only the inside edge of tyre is touching the surface so something is a miss here,pulled it all apart and refitted and got same problem. any ideas.
so far this is the only problem I ve had with this build.
peteoz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: rear suspension problem

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:04 pm

I think you've got the left hub on backwards. Looks like the lower bush should go outboard, not inboard, if you see what I mean.

Hope that helps !
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: rear suspension problem

Postby peteoz » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:52 am

Thanks for that suggestion Mark .

just dug out the magazine again ,all it says is when fitting the hub lay it flat and fit screw as I did ,what it doesn't say is that the hub can go on 2 ways
the way I had it first time, it wasn't till the tyre went on that the problem was noticed, but it's fixed now ,pulled top arm off then the hub turned it the opposite way and put it back on and it's fine matches right side ,ready for the next lot of parts, engine is complete as is the carb'y , clutch is next

so a small hick up is not too bad compared to the db5 dramas still trying to get the electrics to work , got the standard disply stand then got a laminated glass case cover made for it at work fits pretty good bit heavy but it's not going to be moved so should keep the dust out.
amazing it fitted first time , then again I did measure it , I found that to be the biggest problem badly fitting parts , but that's the way it is.
peteoz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to R/C Models