fuel line problems

Any Radio Controlled model partwork series.

fuel line problems

Sponsor

Sponsor

fuel line problems

Postby peteoz » Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:51 am

Anyone hit this snag yet during your rb7 build,fitting the fuel hoses to the engine ,my build was going good till I hit this snag the mag says fit hoses to fuel tank before fiiting to chassis that bit is fine all fitted and ready to go,now the problem you have to these 2 hoses to the engine ,virtually impossible
it's like try to put a square peg in a round hole it ain't gonna go .
probably wasted around 4 hours trying to fit the stupid things ,might have to take it to the local hobby shop here to see if they have a better solution maybe better hoses. :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:
peteoz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Re: fuel line problems

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 02, 2015 4:04 pm

I haven't seen the parts, so can't offer any definitive advice. However, it might be easier to fit the fuel line to the engine before fitting it to the tank. The second line, from the silencer to the tank should be easy as the exhaust is usually accessible. Long nosed pliers will also help if access is difficult. Just grip the hose about 5mm from the end and push it on.

As I said, I haven't seen the parts, so this may not help, but hope it does :pray:
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby peteoz » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:27 am

looks like Iv'e found the solution to the problem, 1, chuck out the supplied fuel lines as they only fit the fuel tank but won't go on the engine plus they are too soft as when you push on /or as in long nose pliers pull they just slide off, what Iv'e done is get proper clear fuel line which is thicker but fits straight onto the engine side no problems ,though a bit loose on fuel tank but a dab of super glue will sort the out.
:superlglue:
peteoz
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:56 am

Glad you're sorted now. It might be better to use a bit of wire to secure the fuel pipe than superglue. The fuel might eat through it ! Methanol is pretty aggressive.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to R/C Models