Superb work Steve.
Your Typhoon looks every bit the part :clap:
Needs more fusewire
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Re: Another Typhoon

Postby farrabass » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:49 pm

Thanks for the replies!! and all the gracious comments. I am adding a couple more photos to this thread as I couldn't quite decide where else to put them, so if any of the moderators are looking in and decide it should be elsewhere please feel free to do your thing! :shock:
What I've done is glue together some of the unused parts and paint them with different shades of true metal paint. they are aluminium and gunmetal shades some polished and some as it dried on the parts. I have also used differing undercoats, WHITE is not a very good choice and was over-sprayed with grey which is not too bad but, Matt black seems best suited to me?
I used a humbrol dark green rattle can as the test top colour which seems to stick to the true metal paint without too many problems.
ImageImage
I tried various methods of imitating a worn/damaged look, a cocktail stick is enough to scratch the colour coat off revealing the metallic coat, a small rub with some fine abrasive paper works well and even a blunt knife gives a good effect.
I would think a hard top coat to the colour coat would work as well and will try that next when I have the paints out for use. If anyone else has used this product recently I would be grateful for any comments you may have and how you use it?
Thanks for looking in and taking an interest in my builds, Steve..
farrabass
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Previous

Return to Airfix 1/24 Typhoon