Other Part works

The place for idle chatter

Other Part works

Sponsor

Sponsor

Other Part works

Postby arakan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Hello
Can anyone explain why Deagostini and Hachette do not make available to the UK part works such as the Stuka and Eiffel Tower, which from what I have seen are excellent kits. How many other part works are we missing out on ? One other point, is the Zero engine still available ? It was advertised for a short while at 100.00 pounds then for some reason became unavailable.
Thanks
Arakan
arakan
Private
Private

Re: Other Part works

Postby casper » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:34 pm

Hi arakan,
have moved the thread to the mess room, you should get a better response here
casper
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Re: Other Part works

Postby snapdragon » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:52 pm

There are many partworks that don't appear here because the companies (especially Hachette UK) think they won't sell. This does mean that we miss out on some fantastic stuff. There are some of us here that have gone above and beyond to get hold of something we want to build (I know.. I'm guilty!)

Partworks that come out in France are available to us through http://www.journaux.fr who will ship to England and you can pay with Paypal. You do end up paying a little more sometimes due to currency and shipping costs and you do have to be able to understand French, or at least be very familiar with online translation services and sites.

Some vendors in Germany and Italy will be happy to sell and ship to you and there are members who will happily help to get hold of partworks that they have access to. It is a two way street though!

For instance, I am subscribed to an receiving the Hachette Japan partwork I-400 Japanese submarine Aircraft carrier. I have had to not only negotiate with them but also taken out a Postal address through a shipping company to be able to get this partwork as Hachette Japan couldn't ship direct to me due to their company policy of not selling outside their respective countries. They have my debit card details and the shipping company emails me when a package turns up. I write my own customs label online to get round the import duties restrictions and it usually takes about a week to get here after payment for shipping through paypal.

TO get stuff you have to learn the system and find work arounds. Now, with Hachette Japan I have a shipping address there and so I can quite happily purchase other items and because I fill in my own customs label and prices online I can put anything need to, to get it through UK customs without them doubling the price with VAT and other fees and duties. Not very legal.... but I enjoy screwing the Government as they screwed me! A nice little bit of get my own back!!!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Return to The Mess Room