ZM MODEL KITS - PLACE TO DISCUSS AND DROOL....

News about new releases and kit reviews

Re: ZM MODEL KITS - PLACE TO DISCUSS AND DROOL....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby steve131 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:31 pm

Got the Airfix JU 88 ,ZM would be awesome :dance:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gundog » Sat Apr 09, 2016 11:22 am

Can anyone tell me what a good UK price would be for the Skyraider or He219?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Building: Hachette Bismarck, DeAgostini Sovereign of the Seas, 74 Sqn. tribute, Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FBVI

In the stash: Way too much
Gundog
Major
Major

Postby snapdragon » Sat Apr 09, 2016 12:42 pm

The official ZM website price for the Skyraider Navy (Volks Japan) in UK £ is £90.56 (XE.com current exchange rates)
The official ZM price for HE 219 (Volks Japan) is UK £111.78.

ordering from Japan will trigger customs and tax man. You may find that their UK friend shops will probably retail these at around the £130-150 mark.

My advice.... wait until Telford pre-order where you can order at a discount along with all the goodies and collect at show with cash in pocket. Saves quite a bit of money and avoids tax and VAT which you will pay buying from friend shops here and over the web direct.

This will give you time to save up and decide how you are going to build it and what you need.

It's what I'm doing with the Do335. and some other ZM stuff.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Gundog » Sat Apr 09, 2016 3:51 pm

There are a few ZM kits at auction at the moment. Hence the question. Not particularly attractive opening price though :(
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Building: Hachette Bismarck, DeAgostini Sovereign of the Seas, 74 Sqn. tribute, Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FBVI

In the stash: Way too much
Gundog
Major
Major

Postby snapdragon » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:18 pm

ZM have confirmed that they will be at Telford this year (2016.)

On their website is a pre-order for a limited 1/48 F4 phantom release for £69 to be collected at Telford only.

I am not sure if The Old Man is going to be there or prices for items as yet as there has not been an official pre-order launched. I am checking the website daily and will report back on major items prices.

I hope to aquire the D0335 plus extras.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:14 pm

Just read latest Old Man blog ,wonder what two new 1/32 kits will be when announced at Telford :think:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:40 pm

Although I am now not attending Telford this year, I think that the two aircraft will be 1/32 FW 190's.

I am waiting to see what they are before launching myself at Revells 1/32 FW190 F8 and all the Eduard brassin and etch replacements.
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:51 pm

The Old Man replied back to me a couple of months ago about FW s ,coming I thought he meant the TA :think: .Do like Revell kits very good price but don't think they would touch a ZM kit.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:35 pm

Ok... I am wrong about the FW 190's

The very latest old man blog has two blurry photos

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/sentiment/oyajiblog_089.html

both are twin engine aircraft, one Japanese and one German.

I reckon that the German one is a Henschel 129B

The Japanese.... Well.... I'm not too sure!

The Revell FW-190 can look like a ZM kit, but you need to add these....

They directly replace Revells parts and you also need their big ed sets too to just add that bit extra detail or alter what's in the brassin sets. Also HGW seatbelts too. Although it works out to be quite expensive when built up it makes a fabulous looking Fw-190 F8
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 8:44 am

Lovely AM ,particularly like the ammo box , better x million than the one on my Airfix one :lol: . Does look like 129 ,Old Man certainly don't go for many mainstream models will any of these be going to Gods own country :?:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:27 pm

More than likely more ZM stuff will end up in Gods Own Country.

I have to deal with the three that I have in already.

The Jet engine for the J7W1 Shinden is here and it is likely that it's the last thing I purchase from their own Japanese Website as it is their policy to put full price and merchandise on the customs form. This meant I paind more in Taxes and collection fees to HM Customs and Royal mail than I did for the engine.

I have found a supplier in Belgium who in on ZM's friend shops list who has good prices and most if not all the ZM range in stock as well as the AM parts. I will start to get the AM parts I need so I can build them through the winter.

I also have their TA 152 H0 and H1 kits. I was looking through the manuals for them and realised that unless my eyes are wrong that there is one part difference for the cowling and an alternative part for the instrument panel.

I do feel cheated a little that for one part they have done a separate kit when they could have so easily included that in their original boxing giving the option to build both variants in one box. On the other hand it does give the chance to have one closed up and ready to fly and the other with open panels to display the engine etc. It also gives a chance to do alternative late war paint jobs on them.

I do look forwards to ZM's new offering in 1/32 - their Dornier Do335 A-0 and when they arrive, the FW-190's and their new ones. Still struggling with the Japanese one though it does look late war. Plenty in the range to get and build up if you can stomach the prices, but as you have seen, you get your money's worth!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:38 pm

It is a bit naughty doing two kits with only one part different :naughty: Old Man is a sales man though always saying by two or three kits :roll: . Think plane is a Nick ,just seen on AM link F W landing gear wearing Birmingham boots :lol: :ugeek:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:52 am

I think you're right, steve.

The German one is a Henschel 129B and the Japanese one is a Kawasaki Ki-45 "Nick".

I do hope ZM includes the various armament options for the Henschel

snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:03 am

It took some trawling around the net, but indeed the 1/32 kits announced are HS 129 and Japanese Nick.

No sign of the FW-190. It is not like ZM to announce something and not do it. Once these are released they'll find a home in Gods Own Country. The 190 may still be in development, but not at a stage where something can be shown. I think the 1/48 Phantom got pushed to the front of the queue. It has been a hot seller that is sure and I do hope they produce it in 1/32.

I think that ZM's new announcements will delight builders. They haven't disappointed with a kit yet.
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby chill » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:15 am

To be honest I was expecting a lot more announcements from Telford, but other than Airfix Phantom I'm not aware of any major announcements. :cry:
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby steve131 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:15 pm

Snapdragons have you seen latest Old Man Blog the Do 335 two seater coming to Telford.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:59 pm

Thanks for the heads up.

I am just about to fire up an email to the old man to place an order for Telford. Time I get my ass in gear and build some of the ZM kits I have here just sat whispering in the corner "Build Me!"

I can see the possibility now of a twin-seater Arrow night fighter with all the radar stuff on the wings!

I think that my spend will be at the ZM booth and I will be compiling a list as I want quite a few of their extra detail parts for the two TA 152's and the Shinden before I start those builds. I would like to add both single and two-seater Do335 to my collection and then see what else I can afford!

While not cheap they are very much value for money. I also hope that the two seat Horten AM set will be there too. I could be coming away with lots to build, which is Why I am trying to complete lots of armour builds, to make space!!!

There are some shops here in the UK that you can purchase ZM kits also one in Belgium which has good prices and one in Germany too. Those take paypal and are good solid vendors.

James
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Model previews and reviews