ZM MODEL KITS - PLACE TO DISCUSS AND DROOL....

News about new releases and kit reviews

Re: ZM MODEL KITS - PLACE TO DISCUSS AND DROOL....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby snapdragon » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:19 pm

News update

Following their announcement, ZM have given us some more news of one of their forthcoming releases

The Type 2 Two-Seat Fighter Ki-45 Kai "Toryu" ("Nick") will be developed as both short and long nosed variants and they plan to represent six different types in total of this aircraft based on the combination of the armament equipped on three different models, the "Kinoe", "", and "Hinoto".

At this moment I have no idea if there will be six separate kits or all in one box... Should be a stunning kit though! According to the last email to me from the old man, this is at the front of the development queue!

No more news as yet about Telford Pre-order. There should be details in the next Old Man's blog!

Edit, As I scan the net looking for the meaning of the different model names various translation sites tell me that....

kinoe = first in rank which could be:- Ki-45 KAIa Toryu: Two-seat fighter Type 2 of Army (Mark A) initial model of series, one 20mm Ho-3 in ventral position, two Ho-103 12.7mm in the nose and a flexible 7.92mm in the back position

Hinoe = third in rank Which could be:- Ki-45 KAIc  Mark C version against naval objectives, one 37 mm (1.46 in) Ho-203 automatic cannon in the nose, one 7.92 mm (.312 in) machine gun in the back position.

Hinoto = Fourth in rank which could be:- Ki-45 KAId Mark D, a modified Model B, night fighter version, equipped with one 37 mm (1.46 in) Ho-203 cannon in nose and two fixed 20 mm Ho-5 cannons in a Schräge Musik-style dorsal frontal position, and one 7.92 mm (.312 in) Type 98 machine gun in back position.

There could be subvariants of those three to make the six up. It will be interesting to see what the finished kit looks like and has gone onto my list!

Can anybody add to this?
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:39 pm

TELFORD PRE-ORDER

For those who want to purchase The latest SWS skit (Do335 A12 & F4C Phantom II) then go here!

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_097.html
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:51 pm

New Old Man Blog out ,you going to be spending big time monies at Telford Snapdragon's :lol:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:01 am

I am. Do335 A-12 ordered and confirmed. That's £151 spent and I haven't even set off yet.

I would like to get the rest of the AM stuff I need for The Ta 152 H0 I have waiting in it's box and the Shinden as well.

I already have the metal legs and ammunition boxes that provide the nose weight for the Shinden. I need interior and exterior etched set along with turned barrels. Also for the Ta152 H0 I need the interior set and I think I will try the metal legs as well as some other bits. It depends on what is available for the Do335 twin seat. If there is some cockpit etch etc then it will be worth getting those as I can get the Shinden and TA 152 extras whenever.

I have drawn up a list of people I want to see and kits I want to get, but it very much depends on show prices and availability. I would like some of the new trumpeter 1/35 stuff and of course the replacements for Amusing Hobby. Tiger Hobbies is their new UK importer and they should have some at the show. I want their new E-100 Jagdpanzer if it is there!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:06 pm

As I read the Old Man blog in full and depth I can see building all 4 versions of the HS-129 and 4 out of the 6 of the Ki-45.

I do look forwards to the 2-seater version of the Ho-229 but not sure that resin is the way to go :superlglue: Superglue disaster in the making :superlglue:

I wonder if these will be ready for Telford 2018. If so and I can pre-order all the kits then it will be a lot of cash being handed over!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Resin is probably to only viable way to go. I can't see it selling enough copies to make it worth machining the tool for injection moulding. However, resin isn't that difficult to work with. It's certainly a bit more advanced than injection moulded parts, but nothing that a bit of care and lots of dry fitting and fettling won''t cure.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snapdragon » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:54 pm

Coming in 2018

Short and long nose versions

Recommended Paint Set

I must admit that the Aotake in this set is not very good.

Recommended Aotake

https://airbrushes.com/product_info.php?products_id=2188

Edit:

Kawasaki interiors from mid war tended to be #7 Black Brown. The RGB hex code for this colour is 3C341F and matches FS number FS 34088 100%. This is in Vallejo's range and is 71.016!

Quite often wildly out because of scale conversion paint theory, the closest for the cockpit for this aircraft and most Japanese aircraft:

https://ak-interactive.com/product/m3-m-mitsubishi-interior-green/
https://ak-interactive.com/product/m3-n-kakajima-interior-green/

I will keep on looking for the best colour for the KI-45 cockpit, but those above will do quite well at a pinch

EDIT:

The cockpit colour for this aircraft and most of Kawasaki turns out to be army colour #7 Black brown. The RGB hex of this translates to a 100% shade match with FS 34088 and is in Vallejo's Model Air catalogue as 71.016. :D
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby number1 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:01 pm

Wow that looks stunning, I could be very tempted, depends on the pennies though :violin:
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Previous

Return to Model previews and reviews