HK Models releases its first 1/48 kit

News about new releases and kit reviews

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby snapdragon » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:33 am

For those who are not on Facebook, or doesn't have HK Models etc on their news feed, They are releasing a 1/48 B-17 G early in October this year.

I have known about this for some time but was told not to mention it to anybody until the official news broke. I do believe the RRP here in the UK (Pocketbond) is £115, but I have not yet been onto their website to confirm this.

Expect to see this at Telford on the HK stand and the kit available from various vendors there. Could be some reasonable prices too.

Although my area in aircraft is 1/32 I think that HK will have one for me at the show or by post and it will end up on my bench.

It has been well received on Facebook with the original post being shared over 500 times and too many positive comments to count. Looks like 1/48 is starved of large kits too!

HK's boss tells me that this is a market test and sales results will determine if there will be other releases in this scale. 1/32 remains their primary focus and I believe 2020 will have a drool inducing release from them!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: HK Models releases its first 1/48 kit

Postby Morris » Thu Sep 26, 2019 11:10 am

WOW!! :o :o :o
Morris

'Phase 8' Hachette Easy Rider Captain America now posted
In Very Slow (currently in a holding pattern :( on the 1/18 Pegasus Bell X-1)
1/72 Hasegawa B-47 in progress
Morris
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to Model previews and reviews