ZM MODEL KITS - PLACE TO DISCUSS AND DROOL....

News about new releases and kit reviews

Re: ZM MODEL KITS - PLACE TO DISCUSS AND DROOL....

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby morrigan » Thu May 29, 2014 9:43 pm

I count the lounge as a large display case :whistle:

The fish would not be impressed if I turned their tank upside down.
And I hate to think what fishy nibble marks would do to the paintwork.
Needs more fusewire
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Thu May 29, 2014 11:54 pm

I have this one at the moment and I can't get anything else in. A 1/32 mustang takes up a shelf!

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/10119206/
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mark » Fri May 30, 2014 5:59 am

Talking of Ikea, I arrived home yesterday after a couple of days away in Tianjin (Northern China) and my wife said, Darling, I've got you some Lego sets. Full sized Lego ! She was looking at three boxes that had ominous Ikea logos on ! At least they are quicker to build than a plastic model, and it's amazing just how small a box you can get a kiddies revolving chair in ! It's also amazing how bleeping heavy a flat packed kiddies desk is ! The finished desk is much lighter :think: (and nothing much is thrown away :think: )

Luckily Ikea instructions don't have any writing on, otherwise I'd have been stumped ! The gracious might think they do this so they don't have to produce different versions for different countries. The cynical might think it's because the average Ikea customer can't read :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby morrigan » Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:16 am

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:shhh: you'll upset they trendsetters down here, as Ikea furniture is charged at a premium as its tre trendy with the designer set, that same display cabinet is about $269 nz or 136 pounds :shock:
Needs more fusewire
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Shipping costs Morrigan!!! :laughing-rolling:
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby baby_astons » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:42 pm

I always thought they cut up the trees nearby the shops and have local manufacturers do the work (like european ikea being made in italy or poland... including the wrongly located assembly holes)
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby snapdragon » Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:52 am

Ok, ZM Update.

I know this will have Morrigan excited.

ZM have announced that the Horten 229 will be available from October 25th.

I have emailed to find out if they will be taking orders for it for Telford in November and will alert members accordingly.

Here is the product page and there are links for ordering (already) on the page as well as extras which include ground crew set, metal undercart, gun barrels, eduard etched for the office, weighted tires... and a couple of suprises... go and take a look!

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/products/sws08_Ho229horten.html
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:59 am

For those interested the manual for the Horten can be downloaded here...

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/download.html#dl_sws08

Right click each file (4 of them) and Save as...

They are Zip files.

For those who are not sure about ZM this is the chance to get a look at the complete instructions and then you can see why Morrigan and myself rave about them!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Gundog » Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:29 am

Oh boy! more for the wishlist. Are you sure you're not taking the :auto-sportbike: to Telford, so you can be front of the queue?
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Building: Hachette Bismarck, DeAgostini Sovereign of the Seas, 74 Sqn. tribute, Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FBVI

In the stash: Way too much
Gundog
Major
Major

Postby snapdragon » Sun Nov 02, 2014 3:05 pm

If I took the Image To Telford then I would have difficulty securing the projected haul onto it.

Besides, the times I am travelling (especially in the AM) means that I will be in the dark - I don't like being out in the dark on a black motorbike. It's not safe - especially with the idiots that are around at that time in the morning.

Telford on this in November??? If I went on this then I would have booked a hotel for the weekend and on this bike I avoid motorways. Backroads are much better, easier (and more scenic) and allows me to stop anyware for a leg stretch and cuppa! Travel down during the daytime Friday, back Monday.... Potential cost £300 for the weekend hotel plus petrol etc....

Train... 2 hrs, £56!

The train is more comfortable and quicker! :laughing-rolling:
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby RedRoo » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:54 pm

:laughing-rolling: Or larger Saddle Bags :angry-banghead:
RedRoo
Captain
Captain

Postby Dazza » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:02 pm

They do a trailer kit for those!! :laughing-rolling: :D
If at first you don't succeed, never try sky diving!!
Dazza
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby snapdragon » Tue May 12, 2015 4:32 pm

The newest Blog for the ZM boss is now up for a read

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_065.html

The next scheduled release is the 1/32 Ta 152 H-0 which should be August. Pics on the blog show that ZM haven't been slacking.

Also There is a hinted announcement of a 1/48 Vought F7U-3 Cutlass. Shame it's not 1/32. Also photos of the mock up of their Dornier 335. This looks like it is coming on very well indeed and when it finally gets released should be a stunner. Also it looks like the FW 190 kits could be a step nearer too with the box art on display at a meeting in Tokyo.

Look at the blog... a delight for Luftwaffe fans!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby morrigan » Sun May 24, 2015 1:32 am

Hurrah the 190's are coming!
I think the jet will be the MD F-4 Phantom, the Cutlass was a single seater, and the Phantom is one heck of a big bird so 1/48 is still a lot of plastic :D
Needs more fusewire
morrigan
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Sun May 24, 2015 12:39 pm

Hmmm! 1/48 F4!

I did think that the Cutlass was a single seater and in Blog no 5 ZM's boss was bidding on one in an auction... Still... A ZM F4 in 1/32 should put other F4's to shame!

The TA 152 H0 should be a good kit with corrections done from the H1 and the FW-190's - although we have yet to see mock ups or indeed sprues or CAD should be top notch butcher birds loaded with detail and doesn't the Dornier 335 look good so far?

Roll on Telford!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:33 pm

The latest Old Man Blog is up on the website an makes for very interesting reading.

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_075.html

This time most of the blog is about the Dornier 335 Pfiel (Arrow) and the fact that it will go on sale in MAY 2016. It looks a stunning work in plastic and the test build on display at Telford is fantastic. I am interested in how it compares to the HKM offering and while I don't usually now preorder from the website due to import and tax duties here in the UK I might just make an exception

Although there is a ZM "Friend" shop here in the UK now so maybe it's going to be easier to get ZM kits rather than from half way across the world or biting my nails until Telford and hoping that what I want is on the Telford Order List. Also the shop at his moment in time has no ZM stock it is useful to put on your list as it seems to have a goodly supply at reasonable prices of lots of useful items.

http://www.hobb-e-mail.com/

Now the Pfiel is not the only thing coming this year and they have on the list the 1/48 phantom (HKM have slated UK F4 Phantoms on their list but no release date or schedule and theirs are going to be 1/32!) and a couple of Foke Wulf 190-A3/4 in two types - "Standard" (which is what you would expect from ZM) and "Basic" Which I think would be an upmarket version of Revell. Again, it would be interesting to compare the two kits against each other and the Revell F8 FW-190.

Telford could be an interesting time for me this year and rather than train it I may try and borrow a car and driver for the day, although parking is a nightmare at the venue so I may pre-order everything I want, travel by train and take some large bags.

I do spend time reading what ZM's Old Man writes and after reading his blog I went back and re-read it as something rang a bell in the back of my mind. If my way of thinking and reading is right then I think we could be looking at a Spitfire from the boys at ZM. I would think that it would rival the Tamiya Spits which are just fantastic.

I suggest that you read his blog carefully and see if you come to the conlusion I do, or if a grammatical translation error has happened.

Still, the photos of the Dornier is making ZM fans drool already and, Like the horten should give builders many display options. It truly is a golden age for model builders with such stunning kits being designed. Time to stock up on Luftwaffe paints!

It seems to me that Tamiya and ZM are going head to head for 1/32 Aircraft with their eyes on the detail stakes To my knowledge there has been no overlap in actual aircraft (but if ZM do produce a spitfire it would make for an interesting comparison build) and aircraft modellers who can get and build these (and afford them) then I think that it's only time before Trumpeter shakes up their own 1/32 aircraft catalogue. ZM and Tamiya do lead the 1/32 stakes at this moment.

Let's also not forget Hong Kong Models, who have announced some very exciting and interesting kits. They might be the new kids on the block so to speak but they certainly have some fantastic subjects out and coming up. Remember that their first Lancaster kit is coming in June/July and that is sure to be a hit with large scale builders. For those who saw the mock up on the table at Telford last year know that, alongside the B-17G displayed it dwarfed everything else on the table!.

In the picture below you can see the Lancaster with my builds of the Meteor and two mosquito's behind it being dwarfed!

These pics are of the test build of the Pfiel at ZM's Stand

Looking forwards to getting hold of some fantastic aircraft kits to build.
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chill » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:44 pm

Thank you for the update that lanc is HUGE. what scale where your models again ? 1:32?
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Chadders87 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:03 pm

That looks so detailed! Daft question but is it pre-painted, as that finish is of a very high standard?
Building: , Deagostini Mustang GT-500, Revell Routemaster
Built: Tamiya Kawasaki ZXRR, Revell Rolls Royce Continental II Phantom, Tamiya Suzuki RGV-1
Stashed: HMS Victory's Cross Section
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby steve131 » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:54 pm

Lovely model that builder got talent. Defo think it should land in Yorkshire ;) .Reading Old Man log did seem to get micro hint about a Spitfire :think: ,liked the picture of the gang with all the plane parts and Old Man wants a prop in his house (don't we all ).
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:59 pm

All my aircraft are 1/32. Chill. It is very rare that I go below that although I have a 1/48 airfix kit that I got at Christmas along with the 1/24 ME 109.

Chadders, none of the ZM kits are pre painted. The photos are of a built up test shot by Mr. Naoki Kobayashi who builds up and photographs a test shot to be used as reference in the manual. I do know that he is a very famous builder in Japan and I wish that I could have lessons from him! Take a look at the blog to see more pictures. If you haven't built up a ZM aircraft yet then there are some photos of the build instructions too, which put other manufacturers to shame. Even the pistons and con-rods are in the engines of this kit!

Back to the Lancaster.

What was shown at Telford and in my photograph above is a concept test for the shape. It is NOT what you will get in the kit. Neil says that they are taking the amount of detail they put into the B-17 G, increasing it and putting it into the Lancaster. When I spoke to him at Telford he said they learned much from the B-25's and B-17 kits and so the Lancaster will or should be a far better detailed kit with much improved instructions. It all comes not only from research but also feedback from we builders.From listening to what he had to say on the kit and going by all the research I sent him including blueprints, technical manuals, photographs of both the BBMF and Just Jayne Lancasters plus all the reference photos of the turrets I took at the Yorkshire Aircraft Museum there will be more than one kit coming. AFAIK there will be a Lancaster Mk I/III, Dambuster Lanc, and Tallboy/grand Slam Lancaster with a possible Mk II with Bristol Hercules engines somepoint in the future.

I don't know what will be included in the released kit as yet but as a thanks for all my research etc.I have been promised a Lancaster Kit ( I hope his generosity goes as far as one of each Lancaster kit) Needless to say, When one turns up here I will put it up on here as a review. Kits-world have already prepared decal sets for the Lancaster!

Anyway.. this is meant to be a ZM thread, so I will start one for HKM!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

PreviousNext

Return to Model previews and reviews