Zoukei-Mura Ki-45 Nick

News about new releases and kit reviews

Zoukei-Mura Ki-45 Nick

Sponsor

Sponsor

Zoukei-Mura Ki-45 Nick

Postby snapdragon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:41 am

A pre-release release of Zoukei-Muras latest offering at telford caused a storm with those canny enough to pre-book according to the blog on their website being pleased with getting one, while many who didn't were very disappointed. You were warned!

Yours truly had his booking in 10 minutes after the blog had been put on their website.

This release is the long nose late variant and either this one of the special Kamikaze version can be built with parts included for both and you will have to be very careful as the differences between the variant parts are not easy to spot.

There are decals for one of each type in the kit and a masking sheet for the canopy.

Here's the kit.

There is a lot of duplication and this is, I suspect, to appease those who don't like clear fuselage parts. Zoukei-Mura do listen very carefully to their customers and what they say about their kits and wishes. While this will increase the kit price it also give the modeller the opportunity to mix and match clear and non-clear parts for the exterior as both are included.

There's no etch at all in this kit and the quality of moulding and the kit detail is what we have become to expect from this company and I wonder just what the optional extras will be for this release.

This kit looks quite complex with a lot of parts, but those with experience will enjoy this build. I would question some of the colour call outs in the instruction manual as I don't believe they have updated to Vallejo's latest ranges. I will have to go through the colours and make changes myself using sources, chipsets and my paint boxes!

What does confuse me is the colour if the interior of this aircraft. I'm not sure what it should be so I shall have to do quite a lot of research before launching myself into this... although I want to start right now!

Again, ZM set the bar in 1/32 kits. Not to be missed by any large scale builder.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Zoukei-Mura Ki-45 Nick

Postby Morris » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:34 am

Wow - looks the Rolls Royce of kits - awesome!
Morris

'Phase 11' Hachette Easy Rider Captain America posted
1/32 Tomcat for BOTY starting (Slowly)
Morris
Captain
Captain

Postby chill » Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:58 am

Morris wrote:Wow - looks the Rolls Royce of kits - awesome!

Untill the Lancaster(s) make an appearance.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Morris » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:36 pm

Dear Santa (and SWMBO) - I've been a good boy this year....
Morris

'Phase 11' Hachette Easy Rider Captain America posted
1/32 Tomcat for BOTY starting (Slowly)
Morris
Captain
Captain

Postby snapdragon » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:12 pm

The Nick full release is December/January. No exact set date as such, but I think one will be forthcoming in the next Old Man blog.

HKM's Lancaster is released next month. I think most have seen social media pictures of their stand at Telford, and when one arrives the forum will see the finished product out of the box!

Wingnut's offering is not due until 4Q 2019 with no actual set date and from what I have seen there is very little difference between the two, but I do possibly expect a higher price for the Wingnut offering.

Information picked up at Telford tells me that the Dambuster remake has been cancelled and is something to do with Mel Gibson and rights of some description. So the director, Peter whatsisname who owns Wingnut is using the film research to produce the kit and get some money back. The announcement has upset Wingnut's core fans.

Now, getting back to ZM. Their next offering will be the HS 129 and it is hoped to be ready for next year's Telford. Judging by the 3D print on display it is also going to be a right cracker too! No price was mentioned, but I think it will be around the same price point as the Nick.

This is truly a golden age for large scale aircraft!

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chill » Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:27 pm

Im sure i saw some images of the Dambuster bomb on a trolly at Telford on FB
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby steve131 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:29 pm

Morris wrote:Dear Santa (and SWMBO) - I've been a good boy this year....

Seconded 8-)
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Return to Model previews and reviews