Flight panels

Flight panels

Sponsor

Sponsor

Flight panels

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:33 pm

I've started on these little babies now. Boy, is the painting fiddly, and I think, not particularly accurate ? I think I'm going to stick with the way it's presented in the magazine, on account that it's not going to be terribly visible inside the cockpit.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Flight panels

Postby GrantJ » Mon Jun 07, 2010 7:53 am

Yup those fiddly little bits get harder and harder to paint as one gets older :D

i use a Tamiya Magnifying Visor for small bits and they are fantastic - expensive but well well worth it :)
So many models, so little time!

Building:
HMS Victory
HMS Hood
Akagi
Bounty (on hold)

Built:
Bismarck
GrantJ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby 9JL » Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:44 pm

Its amazing what 'squiggle,squiggle' can look like from a distance ! nobody could possibly be expected to emulate proper writing to that scale,and as you say as you get older the old eyes struggle with these tiny tasks,all we can do is to represent to the best of our individual abilities these jobs on this model,the end product will come together and look good overall.
With the tip of a 000 brush just touch the surface with the minimum of paint,practise on a piece of paper first to get the idea.
Just do your best everyone.
Barry.
From his first flying machine built in a railway arch to producing World War Two's finest bomber,A.V.Roe we salute you.
9JL
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby bouncing tigger » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:44 am

Airscale (airscale.co.uk) do a range of placards, bezels and cockpit detail that will dress up the cockpit nicely. Try AS32 PLA for the placards, PE32 BEZ for bezels, PE32 DET for the cockpit detail set and AS32 RAF for instrument decals.

I am getting John Wilkes at Tigger Models to do me a 1/32 Lancaster vacform (from the old ID Models range) in clear and I will see if I can rework and wrap the d'agostini Lancaster innards into the vacform shells. Then a bit of selective scribing and painting to give it that Flight Cutaway look. Another item I want to check out over the raw vacform is the HGW rivets in 1/32 scale (PNo 321010) Each card has 3.6 metres or 12 ft of 1/32 scale rivets. HGW also do a lovely early Sutton harness in 1/32 that will look a treat (132013).

Anyone doing the Ju 87 Stuka will find answers here too.
bouncing tigger
Cadet

Return to The cockpit details