Daves DeAgostini 1:8 Lamborghini Countach LP500s

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby davetwin » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Thought I would open a thread for my build on this seeing as I have just ordered it. This is my boyhood dream car, the detail on this thing is amazing looking at the videos, can't wait for the first part to arrive :D

Some information copied from the DeAgositni Official Build Diary

The Lamborghini Countach is a mid-engined Supercar that was produced by Italian car maker Lamborghini from 1974 to 1990.

Its design both pioneered and popularized the wedge-shaped, sharply angled look popular in many high-performance sports cars. The "cabin-forward" design concept, which pushes the passenger compartment forward in order to accommodate a larger engine, was also popularized by the Countach.

The 1982 Geneva Auto Show saw the appearence of the LP500S which had a bigger, more powerful 4.8-litre engine.
The Countach is considered an icon of the 1970/80's and the forerunner of all Supercars.

Walter Wolf Countach

In 1975, Walter Wolf, a wealthy Canadian businessman and owner of the Wolf F1 Racing Team in the 1970s, purchased an LP 400; however, he was not satisfied with the LP 400's engine and asked Dallara, the chief engineer of Lamborghini at that time and the founder of the Italian F1 racing team Scuderia Italia in the mid-1980s, to create a special high-power version of the Countach.

It was the "code No. 1120148" Walter Wolf special with the original 5 -litre engine from the Countach prototype, which produced 447hp and reached a supposed maximum speed of 201.1mph (323.6 km/h). This model also featured the upgraded wheels, Pirelli P7 tires, large fender flares, and front and rear spoIlers, a special F1-type steering wheel with 'Walter Wolf' engraved in it, special AP disc brakes with eight calipers and a Borg & Beck double-disc clutch. It all added up to an unique Countach and was painted bright red, with black fender flares, and was designated "LP 500S"

Two other Wolf Countach's were produced, one painted bugatti blue, No.1120202 (currently in Germany) and one navy blue/black, No.1121210, (this car was owned by Walter Wolf, but was eventually sold).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFiertl3fv8

The Lamborghini Countach model:

Lamborghini officially licensed 1/8 scale replica

517.5mm long, 128mm high, 249mm wide

Weight: 7kg

http://www.youtube.com/w...edded&v=uAjBZKtfKtk

Metal wheels, authentic Pirelli tyres, ignition wiring,, metal tail spoiler, rubber brake duct hoses, operable scissor doors, authentic four point seat harness', working horn, authentic engine sound, operable gear stick, opening doors, bonnet and engine bay. A press on the accelerator rev's the engine and a press on the brake pedal operates the brake lights.

Level of engine detail:

https://www.youtube.com/...09m6mGBLbi&index=34

Under the hood:

https://www.youtube.com/...Z2RC6d9UKinno09m6mGBLbi

Interior:

https://www.youtube.com/...09m6mGBLbi&index=22

Web order page:
http://www.model-space.c...mborghini-countach.html
Last edited by davetwin on Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Re: DeAgostini 1:8 Lamborghini Countach LP500s

Postby baby_astons » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:06 pm

somehow your link didn't work dave, here a new one:

http://www.model-space.com/gb/build-the ... ntach.html

bad news for me as I think this one is one too much at the moment...
hopefully it takes a bit 'till it's offered in germany (as opposed to deago UK they do send to other EU countries...)
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby chill » Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:40 pm

Great to hear you have got a subscription.

Look forward to your build dairy
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby davetwin » Sun Oct 12, 2014 5:57 pm

Although I am still waiting for the first pack to be dispatched this hasnt stopped me looking around the internet and watching videos thinking of ideas for my build.

I must say everything I have seen so far I am finding it hard to think of a way to improve it, for example with my Nissan I rubberised the plastic hoses but this looks like it has rubber hoses.

I do plan to 'detail' the panels in much the same way I detail my real car, I will also be giving the Nissan the same treatment.

I will probably start with a light polish using a megs polish I have then follow up with wither a sealant or wax, probably both to give it a really deap finish.

The sealant I use is Jeffs Werkstatt Jett topped with Jeffs Werkstatt Gloss

I then have a selection of waxes I can use, I am yet to choose which one will be used though.

A few pictures for you;

Selection of waxs

A few pictures of the real thing, sadly not a Lamborghini. Silver is one of the hardest colours to detail and get good refelctions from.

davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby davetwin » Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:58 pm

Was excited today when the postman arrived with a parcel from Modelspace. It did take a little bit longer than expected but seeing as its a new release I was ok with this.

The overal quality of the parts is simply jaw dropping, although I did have some issues with a couple of parts, namely the paint finish as can be seen in the pictures, however I am not really too concerned about this as with anything you buy there is always some that are faulty. I am sure that others have had faulty parts in other part works that need replacing, I know I did with the Nissan.

So email fired off and no concerns at all that it wont be sorted as DeAgostini's customer service has always been fantastic.

One thing that really caught my attention was how heavy the rear spoiler and wheels are, I didnt have anything to weigh them with but they are pretty hefty.

Warning, Picture heavy.

Nice big box :D

3 Packs down, another 77 to go

The magazine / build instructions a really great quality too with some fantastic pictures in them

So Pack 1

Unfortunately a scratch in the paint, this part is seriously heavy

Some fantastic detail on the wheel

On to pack 2, fantastic clean detailing on the tyres, oh and assembled wing in the background

Fantastic badge detail on the bonnet

Sadly bonnet scratched and dust under the paint

Cylinder head covers with some really nice clean details

Onto Pack 3, Seat for later issue, this is a rubbery type material

Cylinder head covers added to cylinder head, the silver bolts were a pain to get in but patience paid off

That concludes this part of the build. I am really excited after seeing the quality of the parts received so far and looking forward to the next issue :D
Last edited by davetwin on Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:51 pm

Hi Dave,

Were the Lambo logos painted as supplied or did you have to paint them also?

Another thought - did you consider replacing the plastic nuts that you painted with acorn nuts ? :) :)

NB K for this build as another great Lambo !!!! :D :D :D
Just :) to Cause a Landslide - Some :superlglue: will be included .....

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Pocher Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
Paul
General
General

Postby davetwin » Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:29 pm

Paul wrote:Hi Dave,

Were the Lambo logos painted as supplied or did you have to paint them also?

Another thought - did you consider replacing the plastic nuts that you painted with acorn nuts ? :) :)

NB K for this build as another great Lambo !!!! :D :D :D

Everything was already painted as shown, the badges were also already stuck on.

I made a bit of a typo, where I mentioned paint should have said a pain :laughing-rolling:

Thanks for the K

Oh, I have had confirmation that they are re-sending me the packs wih the damaged parts, they have given me a freepost address to sent them back to, only problem is I have already thrown the packaging away. Will just have to wait for new ones arrive and use that packaging
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby davetwin » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:57 pm

A small update to show the weight of the parts received so far. Didnt take a picture of the engine so far but can tell you it weights 100g so far

The wheel and tyre assembled - 300g

Rear Wing assembled - 400g

Bonnet - 125g

So thats almost a kilo already
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby R2D2 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Hi there! Its r2d2. Parts look really crisp and well detailed so far. Shame about the paint marks but we will see how quickly they replace the parts! Hope this is not going to be a problem like Eagle Moss were with there replacment parts for the Aston Martin although as I mentioned before I had no problems with them! Looking forwards to getting my parts!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby davetwin » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:19 pm

I was really excited when the postman turned up today with my 2nd Lambo pack. I decided that as I was on my last night shift which I new was going to be quiet that I would take it to work with me. Waiting until I got to work to start working on this was quite hard.

Lots of pics to show how much of a quality partwork this is, I really enjoyed building this pack and am now eagerly awaiting pack 3

First off Stage 04, finishing off the camshaft covers. More of the chrome bolts to put in, by far the most annoying part of the build so far for sheer 'fiddlyiness'

Next is the front bumper to assemble, each fog light is pushed in with the plastic glass inserted second. After inserting the glass I used the edge of my microfibre towel to push it home securing the whole unit into the bumper

Onto stage 05 where we assemble one of the front wheels, much the same as the rear but just thinner

Stage 06 where we assemble the front spoiler with the bumper and the air conditioner (A/C) braket. Yet more of those annoying chrome bolts, although they do at a nice bit of detailing

Stage 07 Starting the A/C compressor, lots of parts included with this pack

Thats it for this build until January
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:04 pm

It's looking really detailed :D Looking forward to January :D
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby casper » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:53 pm

some nice looking parts dave, shame about the bonnet
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby davetwin » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:26 pm

Thanks for stopping by Mark & Casper

The parts are fantastic, I am really enjoying the build.

This is my first part work that I am building where I have had to wait the full month for the next set of parts and its that next delivery cant come soon enough.

DeAg are going to replace the bonnet and spoiler, I have spoken to others who have subscribed and theirs were perfect, think I just got unlucky with them
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby R2D2 » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:45 pm

Hi there Dave! Glad you got your other parts! Cant wait to get mine! Parts are looking very nice! Are the two what look like rubber bands actualy drive belts and if so what are they for? Camsaft coves and engine looking good!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby davetwin » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 pm

R2D2 wrote:Hi there Dave! Glad you got your other parts! Cant wait to get mine! Parts are looking very nice! Are the two what look like rubber bands actualy drive belts and if so what are they for? Camsaft coves and engine looking good!

The belts aren't used in this pack, I think they are for the A/C compressor as well as drive belt. What I couldn't get to photo very well is they have teeth on the inside, will have to try again for a picture but in natural daylight
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby R2D2 » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:13 pm

Sounds very interesting!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby davetwin » Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:36 pm

In between lots of travelling around vsiting people and numerous parties during these hectic holidays I have finally managed to get the 3rd delivery completed.

Pack 08

Pack 09

Pack 10 - We start putting together some of the previous packs with parts in this delivery now.

davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby baby_astons » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:30 pm

in case you wonder about the "edit" dave, i've corrected the source code on one of your piccies as it was corrupted...

I love the build so far and I ENVY you... :D
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby R2D2 » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi Dave! Seems Im going to be a bit behind with my build as Im getting my bits a couple of weeks behind you! Still I might as well carry on. Parts looking good so far Dave. I see two of the belts are used in this part! Looking at the HT leads they look a bit bright. I might replace them if its easy enough to do or at least tone down the colouring a bit! Are the end chrome pipes for the exhaust plastic or metal?
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby davetwin » Sun Jan 04, 2015 11:48 pm

baby_astons wrote:in case you wonder about the "edit" dave, i've corrected the source code on one of your piccies as it was corrupted...

I love the build so far and I ENVY you... :D

Thanks for the edit, appreciate it 8-)
davetwin
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Lamborghini Countach