Disgusted!

Disgusted!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Disgusted!

Postby snapdragon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 1:32 pm

While I like the model, I am disgusted in the way it has been stretched to 120 issues with the last issue (collected today) being just a few pipes. Also from issue 100 the parts were just a couple in a bag. This, like the Jaguar could have been 100 issues.

Sorry.... no more partworks for me after this I will stick to plastic kits. What this has cost me over the past 2 and a half years plus all the messing about to get a regular supply just isn't worth the cost as I could really have got some magnificent plastic kits with the amount of money spent on this.

I think some travel is on the cards once the bank balance has recovered a little and the "politicians" have got their act together (if they ever do!)
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Disgusted!

Postby royjess » Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:18 pm

Don't forget that Deagostini, Hachette are all foremost publishers. They publish books and magazines. The models, Partworks and any other collectables are just a hook to get you to subscribe/collect all the issues.

At the end of the day, if it's just the models that you are after, then there are plenty of excellent plastic kits out there at a fraction of the price.

As for your bank balance and the politicians, I personally can't help you on that. All that I can advise is that I always budget for things and if I don't have the money for something then I can't have it (after taking in consideration what we have going out in the way of bills and other things, plus we always put some money aside for emergencies) .
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Yup!

Plastic kits now for me and I am now thinking that Guy Fawkes had a point and while I have budgeted really well for this AND the Jag at the same time I do feel a little cheated over the length that the Delorian was taken and the amount of parts that were coming after issue 100.

Never mind..... On to some spectacular plastic builds and let the money build up in the bank for a while.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:04 pm

Does :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: when they take the biscuit ,no-one likes being taken for a ride ,and you take your trade elsewhere and then they wonder why. :twisted:
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Eagle36 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:38 pm

+1 , heartily agree; once the DeLoran and the P34 are done I won't be subscribing to any more; shipping costs are always going up, the quality of these has not gotten any better, the Senna Mclaren was probably the best quality kit of them all.
Eagle36
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to BTTF Delorean