Eaglemoss BTTF Delorean

Re: Eaglemoss BTTF Delorean

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby USL5264 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi all,

I have just subscribed to this a week ago and received an email today mentioning that I will be receiving issues 12 to 15.

Why am I gonna receive these issues even though I have requested to start from issue 1?

Is there any way to make sure I get it from issue 1?

Thanks in advance.
USL5264
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:22 pm

Might be worth an email or phone call to customer services !
Can you check your subscription on line ?
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby USL5264 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:35 pm

I've just phoned them. They explained as I am paying by DD that's the reason why.

If I ordered the issues need would I still get the extras that are included in the subscription?
USL5264
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby wingnut » Fri Mar 17, 2017 5:57 pm

Hi USL, paying by "DD" could be your problem ? another phone call might sort it out for you, offer to pay for the "catch up" issues (and gifts) over the phone to bring you up to date (get and keep a name) after doing so.
Hope this helps.
Oh, welcome to the forum :)
Mike.
Coming second place makes you the fastest loser.
wingnut
Captain
Captain

Postby USL5264 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:19 pm

Thanks Mike.

Btw has anyone received the licence plate yet?
USL5264
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby corelki2005 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:01 am

IIRC normally if you subscribe after the start you get the currently available issues first then you will get several deliveries in quick succession till you have caught up.

If you have a look in my build diary you will see a picture of the licence plate

http://www.partworkmodels.co.uk/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=191&t=7687
Nick
corelki2005
Captain
Captain

Postby tunedbysaturnsl1 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:05 pm

I bought 1-6 through a seller off eBay. So I had them start me at 7. Now we're up to 15. So far I have the binder, license plate, and graphic novel. I've enjoyed reading the extras in the books that come with the pieces as much as I have building it.
tunedbysaturnsl1
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Tavis75 » Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:57 am

Well, as I'm drawing towards the end of the DeAgostini Millennium Falcon I ended up subscribing to this after watching a few video build diaries, I did the trial but was then put off by the number of issues but got drawn back in again.

Picked up issue 1-7 off of eBay and subscribed from 8 onwards. Unfortunately, the first 4 parts had already been assembled (badly) and there was some damage (hinge for Mr Fusion broken), however, I think I should be able to use some of the parts from the trial run to cobble together a reasonable version (and was thinking I'd probably go for the version from the first film anyway).

What are peoples thoughts on painting this model? The Millennium Falcon definitely needed it, but less clear cut with the DeLorean, obviously the main bodywork is better without paint, but I'm thinking some of the plastic details would look better painted, to give a slightly more realistic finish.
Tavis75
Cadet

Postby baby_astons » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:45 pm

polished metal would be fine enough - the front and rear clip are plastic/rubber on the real cars and only painted to blend in with the stainless bodywork -
so you would need to paint these parts (even if they are metal at the rear) a close match but still perceptible -
on the real dmc12 you can also distinguish the painted bumpers even if delorean did their best to match steel with their paintwork...
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby MML » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:23 pm

Tavis75 wrote:What are peoples thoughts on painting this model? The Millennium Falcon definitely needed it, but less clear cut with the DeLorean, obviously the main bodywork is better without paint, but I'm thinking some of the plastic details would look better painted, to give a slightly more realistic finish.

For starters the chassis/front crumple extension/rear trailing arms are actually grey on the real car, but have been painted black on the model. Ford Polar Grey from Halfords is a pretty close match for a quick spray job.
I see the brushed finish on the front wing is actually some kind of paint - it's very well done - but I have a spare wing I'm going to finely sand down to the bare metal for the most realistic finish possible. I'm not sure if the bare zinc will tarnish over time, it might need a clear coat!

I was going to give the engine/gearbox a light wash of oil paint to make it look a bit more grimy, same with brake calipers etc.

Not sure on the interior just yet - will have to see the parts when I get them, but I might add mats, headliner, things like that.

The best thing about this model is how incredibly close it is in accuracy to the real car.
MML
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby Tavis75 » Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:36 am

Yes, the accuracy does seem pretty impressive.

I was able to pretty much salvage the ebay purchase using parts from the trial, there is a very slight mark on the metal rear panel, but that is significantly different to the trial version so I'll have to live with that. Used the transparent red and orange light pieces from the trial as the ebay ones had glue on them, and one was even snapped in half! And I was able to replace the broken parts from Mr Fusion, as they seemed identical, also realised the small springs were missing, but luckily I still have the springs from the trial in the original packaging as I misplaced them myself when doing the build before!

Added a bit of paint to the various black plastic parts to give them a better finish.

And finally, looks like I'll be progressing slightly quicker than expected as just got a despatch e-mail from Eaglemoss and they've sent out two months worth of issues, taking me up issue 15, which I think brings me up to date (if I'm correct in thinking that issue 16 comes out this week, as I've only seen up to issue 15 on YouTube build diaries). Wasn't expecting that, as I was late subscriber to the Falcon as well and just lagged behind on that one. Obviously meant a big chunk of money this month (between ebay and two months of subs), but will nice to be not too far behind everyone else, and also getting up to 15 is a nice milestone as I believe that will get me to the point of having a chassis with 4 wheels on it.

edit - Though On thinking about it, the first issue is very cheap, so maybe I'll pick up a back issue so I don't have to live with the mark on the rear!
Tavis75
Cadet

Postby harjitsembi » Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:18 pm

What is this charging more for a poster! does eagelmoss known to add stuff every month?
harjitsembi
Cadet

Postby bluevoice » Tue Apr 18, 2017 4:28 pm

harjitsembi wrote:What is this charging more for a poster! does eagelmoss known to add stuff every month?

The poster is free of charge.
bluevoice
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Sabreman64 » Mon May 08, 2017 8:13 pm

Has anyone else got a problem with the steering? I've just been building part 10, and I've found that my wheels won't turn all the way to the right because the small arm on the steering rack assembly from issue 7 catches on the frame and won't allow the wheels to turn all the way. Any ideas how I can fix this?
Sabreman64
Private
Private

Postby bluevoice » Sun May 28, 2017 7:28 am

Sabreman64 wrote:Has anyone else got a problem with the steering? I've just been building part 10, and I've found that my wheels won't turn all the way to the right because the small arm on the steering rack assembly from issue 7 catches on the frame and won't allow the wheels to turn all the way. Any ideas how I can fix this?

Yes this is a common issue, you can fix it by putting a washer in the place indicated by the red arrow in my picture. This gives it enough clearance to freely move, see the green arrows.

IMG_532.jpg
IMG_532.jpg (28.9 KiB) Viewed 4090 times
bluevoice
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to BTTF Delorean