issue 63

Want to talk about a particular issue ? Please put the issue number in the post title.

issue 63

Sponsor

Sponsor

issue 63

Postby davebird2003 » Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:29 pm

while i was constructing the ammo box which is part of issue 63 i discovered that there is only one pt 3-13 which are the ammo box ends
has anyone got a spare one of these or can someone suggest a alternative to enable me to finish the ammo box??
davebird2003
Corporal
Corporal

Re: issue 63

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:28 pm

Phone customer services and ask for a replacement issue. Strangely enough, I had the same part missing.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby DJG Downunder » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:37 am

Just checked mine and also missing.
Looks like they didn't address the problem before starting the Australian deliveries either.
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby DJG Downunder » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:18 am

The Aussie distributer (Bissett) have got back to me, and they are going to send me another issue 63, therefore it seems that they are not supplying the missing part via a supplement later in the subscription.
So if you're missing the 2nd ammo box end plate, you'd better ask for another one.
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby AGT » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:43 am

DJG Downunder wrote:The Aussie distributer (Bissett) have got back to me, and they are going to send me another issue 63, therefore it seems that they are not supplying the missing part via a supplement later in the subscription.
So if you're missing the 2nd ammo box end plate, you'd better ask for another one.

Hi DJG,

Have Bisset sent your duplicate isssue 63 yet?

I e-mailed them about the problem and they said "Please note that we are currently waiting on more stock of this issue and this will be dispatched as soon as stock is received."

Cheers.

AGT (also downunder)
AGT
Cadet

Postby DJG Downunder » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:29 am

Hello AGT, nah not yet. I just got my monthly shipment 2 days ago, and the replacement issue 63 wasn't with it. So I'd say you're message was pretty much on the money.
I have had replacement issues supplied from Bissett before, quite promptly, so I'm reasonably confident it'll get here eventually. The previous replacements I received were for damaged parts though, so in this case I'm guessing it was a production mistake, given that the guys in the UK had the same problems, so it's probably going to take a bit longer to source the missing bits.
Did that sound positive enough?..... I think I'm actually trying to convince myself more than you, I'm not sure I've succeeded. :|
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby AGT » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:01 am

Hi DJG,

Yes, I too have had replacement issues resent when some gorilla like person at the post office tried to ram the 4 issues into my small PO box along with a few magazines, and caused some damage. I contacted Bisset to request that they put a big "DO NOT FOLD OR BEND" onto the address sheet. I did say that the damage was easily repairable, but they sent another 4 anyway. Probably find the there will be a delay due to the number of replacements already sent out.
AGT
Cadet

Postby DJG Downunder » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Ah, sounds familiar, I even went to the trouble of installing an oversized letter box at my house, there's even a separate covered area for small parcels. The postie still manages to fold creases into most things though, sometimes it even seems deliberate...... but I'm sure that's not true. :naughty: :think:
Some of the larger metal armour-plate parts that came with the "Tiger" have kept him on his toes, he hasn't managed to fold one of those yet........ yet.
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby DJG Downunder » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:57 am

I just checked my dispatch info for the the next instalment of Lancaster issues.
I'm slated to be receiving the expected 4 issues which are due (84-87), plus an additional issue 63.
So it looks like they've got some more stock now. "Its all Good" :)
DJG Downunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby rwlitchfield » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:21 pm

I e-mailed Franklin's on October 8th to tell them I am also missing the side piece, they e-mailed me back to say the issue would be replaced.
I waited a month and chased again to be told they were aware of the problem, and the missing part would come later.
Another month on and I rang, twice, now to bw told they are awaiting the part, but don't know when it will be arriving.
Who do we now shout at?

Thanks for listening.

Bob :angry-banghead:
rwlitchfield
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby chill » Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:37 pm

If you have exhausted all the contacts at the publishing house- you could mention in your next call you have/are taking advice from Trading Standards. As the mere mention of them when I have had problems with magazines can spur them along no end.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby rwlitchfield » Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:57 pm

Success!
E-Mail today to say the missing part is supplied in issue 104.

In my e-mail to Jacklin publising I copied in the CEO of Hachette Publications in London.

I wonder if my swift response was just a coincidence.

:clap:
rwlitchfield
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Discussions on specific issues