Issue 3

Want to talk about a particular issue ? Please put the issue number in the post title.

Issue 3

Sponsor

Sponsor

Issue 3

Postby snapdragon » Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:53 pm

When putting on the engine frame mounts and the firewall make sure that the firewall goes on the way the magazine shows you.

Also note that you might have to cut notches into the mounting struts (39&40??) to let the stringers run all the way through. I have had to cut notches in mine which is why I have left the leading edge section of the left outer wing until last when putting those parts and the stringers on. It does actually make it easier to put the stringers on the rest of the wing first before dealing with the leading edge.

I had a few stringers left over after the end of week 3. I wondered if I had put the required amount on after looking at the pictures in the build section so I put them on one side until issue 4. I also used stringer offcuts for any short sections that I had that would fit. I'm sure that save me a length or two!

So take care with the engine firewall and frame mounts ( dry fit first ). You do need to put them on before putting the stringers on and cut notches to allow the stringets to go through.

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to Discussions on specific issues