New Dambusters film replica Lancaster's are ready !

Discussions about the reall aircraft and reference material; photos, useful web sites, etc.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby 9JL » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:30 am

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/134 ... -take-off#

The scene was Masterton yesterday as three replica Avro Lancaster's painstakingly reproduced for the film at no expenses spared were trundled onto the tarmac for a press debut,the full scale model makers have made a superb job of these monsters all of which are earmarked eventually for air museums,costing millions of pounds the props turn with huge electric motors driving the big paddle airscrews,this is an engineering achievement in itself to reproduce such wonderful replicas that are to be used to good advantage in the remake of the Dambusters film.
From his first flying machine built in a railway arch to producing World War Two's finest bomber,A.V.Roe we salute you.
9JL
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: New Dambusters film replica Lancaster's are ready !

Postby chill » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:54 am

Just caught up on this thread. Excellent news- this film been mooted about for ages. Glad its now got to the fillming stage.

I wonder what they will call the dog in the film now?
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby 9JL » Fri Nov 06, 2009 6:16 pm

chill wrote:Just caught up on this thread. Excellent news- this film been mooted about for ages. Glad its now got to the fillming stage.

I wonder what they will call the dog in the film now?

There is only one name for Guy Gibsons dog,and that is Nigger,to change this would be corrupting history and attempting to re-write it,anyway it is the name of a well known boot polish which is what his treasured pet was named after,its just a storm in a tea cup I think.
The Lancaster replicas have a really good interior with stringering just like our models,the seats have been custom built by craftstmen,plus instrumentation and control colums etc,the interiors cost as much as the fibreglass shells to fit out ! museums and private individuals have been fighting for them when finished with by the film companies.
Barry.
From his first flying machine built in a railway arch to producing World War Two's finest bomber,A.V.Roe we salute you.
9JL
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby chill » Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:40 pm

Well I've got a fiver to start the fund off. :D
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Return to The real Lancaster