Turret Update

Discussions about the reall aircraft and reference material; photos, useful web sites, etc.

Turret Update

Sponsor

Sponsor

Turret Update

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:36 pm

I am going to try and get to Elvington at some point and get close ups of the Turrets for you all. They have a special display of turrets in the air gunners memorial room and I believe that all 3 of the Lancasters turrets are displayed there. Watch this Space!

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Turret Update

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 28, 2010 8:44 pm

I have managed to take photos of all three lancaster turrets. I am not sure how much detail I managed to get due to the lighting in the room and glare on the plexiglass yet until I review the photos (tomorrow).

I am sure that Mark would like to put them up on his website for the Lancaster (no probs Mark - but I'd rather email them than mess with that file thingy!)

I tried to capture as much detail as I could not knowing how much detail will come with the partwork and I'm sure that there should be something for all.

I will try again and see if I can get special permission to photograph from the interior of the turrets. Failing that It's a letter to the BBMF memorial flight to see if I can get special permission to get onboard their lanc! I would rather try that then go back to Just Jane as it cost me a small fortune to get inside that and there's no mid upper turret!

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to The real Lancaster