Punch & Judy carving.

Restoring a bike ? Building a Kit Car ? Do a bit of painting or crochet ?
This is the place to show off your skills here !!

Punch & Judy carving.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Punch & Judy carving.

Postby davegoldsmith » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:13 pm

Having read quite a few posts already it's seems to me that there are some really talented people on this forum. Thank you for sharing your talents!. The skills are many and varied. Any project that I now undertake seems to be grandson orientated. (With the exception of my latest craze, writing real letters and a journal, using fountain pens, a small collection of which I have recently amassed ) so onto my post.
I will soon be carving some Punch and Judy puppets, and just wondered if anyone on the forum had had experience of such things who could give any advice or tips. I have made the booth, and even learned to " swazzle".
I love children but couldn't eat a whole one. I'm not happy unless I'm miserable!
davegoldsmith
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Punch & Judy carving.

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:41 pm

I'm going to take a wild guess, and say we're all going to be learning from you on this on !
Looking forward to seeing something unusual and interesting :D
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby casper » Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:39 pm

excellent project Dave, can't wait to see the puppets. I was only thinking about punch and judy this morning, we have a show on Llandudno pier thats very entertaining even for us adults. Love all the history involved in the adult entertainment side of this amazing Victorian show
casp
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby royjess » Mon Sep 14, 2015 5:35 pm

As an ex professional entertainer I've made a few hand and glove puppets (the heads from paper mache).

I've never used a swazzle but I know a few people that have, I'm sure you will find something on you tube or google it. Just be careful as I've always heard stories of fellow entertainers swallowing them :o
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Return to 1:1 Scale Projects, Arts and Crafts