Nuts Planet Succubus

Scottish soldiers, any other soldiers, dancing girls, penguins, etc.

Nuts Planet Succubus

Sponsor

Sponsor

Nuts Planet Succubus

Postby Mark » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:52 pm

This is a project still pretty much in the planning, and won't be a quick project anyway. I find that I have to paint figures in daylight, and I don't get too much building time at weekends. Anyway, this is Nuts Planet Succubus. A female demon (at the risk of stating the flaming obvious!) and a fantasy figure that just about manages to keep its PG rating. (For anybody who remembers the Not the Nine O'clock News, the American Express skit springs to mind)

It's a stunning sculpture. I believe it's a Korean artist, and the Koreans are producing some amazing figures at the moment. It's resin kit, and really beautifully cast. The fit is perfect, and there isn't a bubble in sight. A really high quality kit. Well worth every penny.

This is what you get. 7 resin parts. I've already trimmed them from the carriers and tidied them up. There were virtually no mould lines.

ImageUntitled by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr

Here's a closer view of the face and body.

The plan is pretty much to paint the parts individually, then bring them all together at the end. The arm, wings and tail all get in the way of painting the body, and let's face it, the body is too good to mess up! It should only need minimal touching up after assembly as the fit is so good.

Just a few words on resin kits. Super glue! That's what you need to glue them together. Plastic cement doesn't work. I use cheap supermarket stuff. Nothing fancy. I shall also pin the wings and tail. This involves drilling matching holes in the wings/tail and body, then gluing them together with a bit of brass rod to reinforce the join. Worth doing on the wings and tail and there is a lot of leverage on the joint, and it will help stop them breaking. The pins also make handing places to hold the wings/tail whilst painting them.

Now, over to you. What colour scheme should I choose. I deliberately haven't posted a picture of the box art, and I don't particularly like that scheme anyway. So, I'm open to suggestions. I do have a germ of an idea in my mind, but perhaps you can suggest something that grabs my imagination.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Nuts Planet Succubus

Postby chill » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:35 pm

green as per the girls from star trek
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby steve131 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:24 am

Red wings and jet black hair
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby wingnut2 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:58 pm

I would go green and it's many different shades from light to dark .
W2 ;)
When the tuff get going follow them........
wingnut2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Mark » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:28 pm

Not totally sold on the green to be honest. Any other ideas?

Red wings, sounds promising.

Jet black hair. Well, that's a real challenge. I'm not sure I can pull that off effectively.

Any more suggestions? What about the clothing? Well, what little there is of it :lol:
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby number1 » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:03 pm

Being a demon I would go for different shades of red for the body with purple wings, as for the clothes? How about gold?
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby casper » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:15 pm

wow nice sculpt :)
purple wings with a hint of blue in the darker areas :think: fair skin with red hair
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby wingnut2 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 5:16 pm

Mark wrote:Not totally sold on the green to be honest. Any other ideas?
Red wings, sounds promising.
Jet black hair. Well, that's a real challenge. I'm not sure I can pull that off effectively.
Any more suggestions? What about the clothing? Well, what little there is of it :lol:

Easy now guys it's a "family forum" could this be an all new "Miss Bomb" contest ?
W2 ;)
When the tuff get going follow them........
wingnut2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby Mark » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:28 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm leaning towards a very pale complexion, red hair, sort of browny/orangey/red-ish wings. For the clothes, I'm thinking of a dark purple, with red & gold embellishments. I like the idea of jet black hair, but I really don't think I can make it look realistic.

I'm not 100% decided yet, so open to other suggestions.

I have added the pins to the parts now, and given the model a coat of white primer. A couple of previously unspotted defects to correct of course.

Photos later, but it's not very exciting yet!
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby casper » Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:07 am

Have been looking at the Nuts planet sculpt, they are amazing. Detail is awesome
Really like the “Shield Maden”
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:49 am

They are amazing sculptures. Really impressive!
Have a look at Mirico as well. They are just as good, if not better. https://www.mirico.sg/ I've ordered a couple from him, and they turned up quickly, and beautifully packaged.

Here's the pin on the tail. 0.6mm brass tube, and a 0.7mm hole. All just drilled by eye. If you get the hole in the body slightly wrong, just drill out the hole to 0.8 or 0.9mm, and the brass wire can be bent a tad as well.
A quick stab with an awl can help with drilling the holes down the centre of the peg and central in the socket.

Here's all the bits pinned. The horns have got 0.4mm wire, with a 0.5mm hole as the pegs are smaller. The wire is deliberately left too long so I can use it to hold the parts while I'm painting them.

Now it's make your mind up time with the colour scheme!
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Figures