Pocher Ducati building tips

Wheeled vehicles in general - I'm not fussed how many wheels it's got !

Re: Pocher Ducati building tips

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ScaleAutoWorks » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:12 am

updated first post through step 25
ScaleAutoWorks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ScaleAutoWorks » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:19 pm

update and long summary added to first post, plus a photo of some quick mod's.
ScaleAutoWorks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ScaleAutoWorks » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:20 pm

I can now vouch for the ridiculous contortions required to attach the front cowl fairing via the mirror mounts. It appears this is the only real use for that silly miniature Phillips screwdriver included with the kit. More info in the updated first post.
ScaleAutoWorks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby zskylar67 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:08 am

Step 9 on page 10 - Does anyone have a picture of the correct placement of the decal WD-12?
zskylar67
Cadet

Postby ScaleAutoWorks » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:42 pm

zskylar67 wrote:Step 9 on page 10 - Does anyone have a picture of the correct placement of the decal WD-12?

[edit] Turns out I have a helpful photo in my stash:
ScaleAutoWorks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby ScaleAutoWorks » Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:36 pm

A cautionary note about the metallic decals:
The metallic "Ducati" decals require advance planning and precise placement. The adhesive backing sticks instantly and aggressively wherever it first contacts the part, so place it carefully the first time as it will not slide around to adjust the position as a traditional water decal will.
ScaleAutoWorks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Paul » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:09 pm

ScaleAutoWorks wrote:A cautionary note about the metallic decals:
The metallic "Ducati" decals require advance planning and precise placement. The adhesive backing sticks instantly and aggressively wherever it first contacts the part, so place it carefully the first time as it will not slide around to adjust the position as a traditional water decal will.

Many thanks for the advice on that, even though I've not used them to-date. :) :)
Just :) to Cause a Landslide - Some :superlglue: will be included .....

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Pocher Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
Paul
General
General

Postby ScaleAutoWorks » Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:03 pm

Pocher does have a video on YouTube (for the Aventador but also applicable to the Ducati) that suggests using a decal solution while applying the metallic ones:
https://youtu.be/rNX7b4lmwqk
ScaleAutoWorks
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby Ala6 » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:02 pm

Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question, but could you tell me the hex bolt type / size that I would need to replace the cross head ones in the kit for all of the engine mountings etc as I would like to get some.

Thanks in advance,
A
Ala6
Cadet

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:01 am

Hi Ala6,

Many and varied is the simple answer. There are lots of different types of bolts. Somebody is selling a set on Ebay. About US$80 if I recall, but I could easily be wrong. I'll post a link to the auction whne I've got a bit more time to find it.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mustang » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:20 am

Ala6 wrote:Hi,

Sorry for the newbie question, but could you tell me the hex bolt type / size that I would need to replace the cross head ones in the kit for all of the engine mountings etc as I would like to get some.

Thanks in advance,
A

If you can get them these are what you need.

I've got these.

Correct decals
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POCHER-1-4-DU ... 2250057742

Replacment screws
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POCHER-DUCATI ... 2352715366

But you might also need these

DVD full of info and photos
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/POCHER-1-4-DU ... 2238410506

Taps
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-ESSENTIAL-T ... 2059141079
Mustang
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:41 pm

Thanks Mustang !!
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Big Phil » Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:03 pm

Hi Guys,

Thank you sooo much for all the info. It really helps. I have some questions which may or may not have been covered so bear with me.

1. Part number U-07 does not look like the part shown in the manual P5. The manual shoes a connection for the tube running into the oil filter. I include a pic of the actual part. I'm going to print one. (I'm lucky enough to have a high resolution 3d printer - Objet). I'm happy to share the cad file if anybody wants to do the same.

2. Screw packet marked D was not in the kit I received. Anybody else with the same problem?

I ran into the problem of the screws that are to long straight away. I drilled the holes out but the depth seems to be the problem. I also like the idea of using a M2 tap.

Any help will be much appreciated! I hope I can add some value to the forum as my build progresses.

Regards,

Phil
South-Africa
Attachments
Actual part U-07.jpg
Actual part U-07.jpg (31.48 KiB) Viewed 2427 times
Big Phil
Private
Private

Postby number1 » Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:26 pm

Sorry I cant help with your questions, but looking forward to seeing your progress on the Duke, also welcome to the forum!
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Re: Pocher Ducati Wire RF-02??

Postby 1299Panigale » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:49 pm

Thanks for all these tips. Most helpful. I am well into building this model, perhaps a third done incuding front wheel and forks, the engine and the rear wheel. However I have found the diagram on Page 6 of the build manual confusing. It shows a wire RF-02, 86mm long with a vague indication is disappears around the back of the front cylinder head and then nothing. I tried viewing the parts manual but could not see anything there. Tempted to just leave it off.
Does anyone know where I should attach the two ends of it?
1299Panigale
Cadet

Postby Big Phil » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:11 am

Hi,

I think the RF02 you are referring to goes onto the spark plug on the rear cylinder. At this point the pipe is in fact free on the other end and is connected later in the build.
Big Phil
Private
Private

Postby Big Phil » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 am

See if this helps. This illustration is missing from the downloaded manual.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2017-02-19 at 8.33.11 AM.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2017-02-19 at 8.33.11 AM.jpg (128.15 KiB) Viewed 2402 times
Big Phil
Private
Private

Postby Big Phil » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi Guys!

Model is coming on very nicely but I'm running into some basic problems. I'm listing them here along with some tips and thoughts you may find helpful.

1. Get a M2 Tap and tap as many holes that takes B, G, L, R, S and X screws. It really helps. If you can find other taps that matches the screws use that as well.
2. I suggest placing water decals right at the end of whatever stage you are so as to avoid handling parts with them.
3. P-3 - Part U-07 looks completely different in the model I have compared to the manual. I ditched the part and drilled a hole into U-10 that is the oil filter and put the cord straight into it.
4. P-11 - The numberplate plate had me stumped. I looked everywhere and finally found it on an additional metal plate about the size of a credit card in the box.
5. P-12 - The bottom yoke holding the forks touch the outside plastic parts when you rotate the steering. Does not seem to be anything you can do about that.
6. P-13 - Check that the rotation on the tyre matches the rotation on the rim. I got it wrong and it is a schlep to fix.
7. P-13 - This was very confusing because the picture shows the completed part backwards. The disc calipers sits behind the forks when the bike faces forward. A number of things to watch out for. Put the Ohlins decals after you have mounted the front wheel assembly on the frame. There is a lot of fiddling that goes on and they will come off. There are 2 flats on the top part of the forks. Make sure they face outwards as illustrated. Otherwise you are going to run into problems later. The shaft that goes through the wheel hub is very confusing as well. DSF-25 goes in all the way on that part of the fork till it sits flush, the spaces goes on the other side as illustrated but make sure that the calipers and the wheel is facing the right direction and that the rotation of the tyre is going forward. Looks simple to me now but was confusing when I did it.

That's as far as I am!

Thank you for everybody that has posted tips, it really helps so I'm trying to do the same and hopefully it helps someone like it helped me.
Attachments
tips 1.jpg
tips 1.jpg (142.67 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
Big Phil
Private
Private

Postby Big Phil » Sat Feb 25, 2017 5:13 pm

This is how far I am.
Attachments
IMG_6081.JPG
Build so far
IMG_6081.JPG (162.78 KiB) Viewed 2344 times
Big Phil
Private
Private

Postby Big Phil » Sat Feb 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Hi. OK now I need some help!

The screw holding the rear brake assembly to the swing-arm is completely undersized for the hole it has to go into. Has anybody had this problem? If so any ideas on fixing it other than sourcing a bigger screw? The head for the screw has to be a specific shape. It's hard to source speciality screws here.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 18.52.48.png
Screen Shot 2017-02-25 at 18.52.48.png (219.5 KiB) Viewed 2342 times
Big Phil
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Cars & bikes