Postmans been...

Vehicles with tracks, guns or camouflage, etc.

Postmans been...

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postmans been...

Postby Chadders87 » Sun Feb 21, 2016 9:56 pm

And he's brought the newest additions to my stash! An A39 Tortoise and an M2A3 Bradley, both by Meng.

They were £78 on fleabay, and both came with a few aftermarket detail sets.

Another first time for me as I have always shy'd away from military vehicles due to my fear of weathering. A good model needs alot more than the typical "Paint by Numbers" I am used to.

But the web is full of tips, and this forum is a vault of information to aid me when I get round to building them.
Building: , Deagostini Mustang GT-500, Revell Routemaster
Built: Tamiya Kawasaki ZXRR, Revell Rolls Royce Continental II Phantom, Tamiya Suzuki RGV-1
Stashed: HMS Victory's Cross Section
Chadders87
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Re: Postmans been...

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:24 am

Very nice :D
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby steve131 » Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:46 am

Well jell of your additions :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Snapdragons built the Bradley somewhere on here nice kit.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Mon Feb 22, 2016 6:38 pm

Indeed I did build the Bradley. I know that they are quite complex kits, but don't worry about weathering. I never do.

Meng do 2 bradleys and I did the mistake of trying to build at the same time and got hopelessly mixed up between them both and so abandoned them. They have been replaced in my stash and I will do them again seperatly.

If you have the Bradley that doesn't have the interior with it then it is sold as a separate set and is well worth adding on. You will end up referring to two instruction books and so a pencil and pad of paper to keep notes to where you are is vital. One of the Bradley kits has it all together and a coherent single set of instructions. both Bradley kits build up to be fantastic renditions with complete interiors that you can see with the hatches open etc.

I have no experience with the Tortoise kit, but some have said it's not accurate, which I find hard to believe as I know Meng spent lots of time at the Tank Museum where one is on display. It's amazing how many "Experts" and anoracks come out of the woodwork claiming to know everything about a single tank!

Although Meng provide workable tracks etc it's always worthwhile IMHO to replace them with metal Friul ones and also the barrels with RB ones it does make a huge difference in the end get them from Ebay for best prices (as usual)

Looking forwards to seeing these on your bench, and as I say. Don't worry or bother about weathering.... I never do If you want correct colours tfor interior etc for the bradleys then let me know

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Return to Military Vehicles