More Partworks

Heard about a new partwork ? Tell us here

More Partworks

Sponsor

Sponsor

More Partworks

Postby Southendnick » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:40 pm

You might have already seen the advrts for a couple of these:

GoGos Crazy Bones Metropolis - Eaglemoss - Part 1 99p, part 2 onwards £3.99 - 80 weekly parts.30 December 2009
"Every week collect & build an all-new mega metropolis with head swapping mega GoGos, mystery mini GoGos & cool pods to display. "

Art of Crochet - Hachette - Part 1 99p, Part 2 £1.99, Part 3 onwards £2.99 - 120 weekly parts
31 December 2009
"Learn to crochet with the simplest & easiest techniques & see your skills flourish. Each issue comes with a ball of the finest quality yarn from which you can crochet a square. When you have all your squares you will be able to stitch them together to make a beautiful throw - the central project to the series. Issue 1 comes with 2 balls of yarn, a crochet hook & a 'getting started' DVD."

Top Gear Turbo Challenge - BBC - Part 1 £1.50, Part 2 onwards £2.50 - 52 parts, every 2 weeks. 6 January 2010
"Top Gear Turbo Challenge is a fortnightly partwork synonymous with all things motoring made up of a 24 page magazine which Builds into an ‘encyclopaedia’ for the consumer.* Each issue will be covermounted with a free pack of collectable "Top Trumps" style cards (2 packs with Pt 1), which can also be purchased separately.* Parts 1-3 build a giant Stig Poster and Parts 2&3 will be bagged with a collector card tin "The Stig Helmet"."

Hello Kitty - Hachette - Part 1 £1.99, Part 2 onwards £4.99 - 50 parts, every 2 weeks.17 February 2010
"The Hello Kitty partwork contains lots of lovely, mouth-watering recipes to suit every taste & occasion. Accompanied by fine porcelain crockery that builds into a complete dinner set & includes plates, bowls, mugs, trays, serving plates, teacups & many more items"

Build Your Own Model Railway - De Agostini - Part 1 £1.99, Part 2 onwards £6.99 - 90 weekly parts. 17 February 2010 (tbc)
"Build your own Model Railway is a new weekly magazine collection that comes with components to build a working miniature model railway. The model has been carefully planned using N-Gauge trains so it packs an immense amount of detail into a small space just 990mm x 606mm, making it easy to store & display."
Southendnick
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Re: More Partworks

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:44 pm

Ah, so the DeAg railway is going ahead, I guess this is a national launch ? I don't think I'll be tempted with that one..... but then again...... I might have to buy issue 1, just to see what it's like......

Anybody know what a GoGo is ? I assume any resembelance to a dancing girl is purely coincidental ;)
Cheers
Mark

Where would we be without rhetorical questions ?
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby GrantJ » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:19 am

What is a GoGo?

In South Africa a gogo is the Zulu word for Grandfather (a useless piece of information!)

Am sure its not what they mean in the above partworks though :D
So many models, so little time!

Building:
HMS Victory
HMS Hood
Akagi
Bounty (on hold)

Built:
Bismarck
GrantJ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby chill » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:17 am

ooo dancing girl part works...
Who cares who wins
chill
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby SkyFire » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:07 pm

Hope the "Build your own model railway" gets going this time. Seriously want to do it as i have had a board sitting around for an N scale model railway for quite a long time now. :)
SkyFire
Major
Major

Postby metroman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:15 am

I have looked on de-agostini website, and there is nothing on there about the return of the build your own model railway.
By the way I have just joined this forum.
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby metroman » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:21 am

I have just e-mailed de-agostini. I will let the forum know what is happening if and when de-agostini get back to me.
Martin
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:59 pm

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the Forum, and thanks for chasing the railway partwork. I know a few people (hands Up Skyfire !) who are interested in this one.

I'll certainly make a section for it on the forum, although I don't think I'll have time to build it myself (and my wife would not be best pleased anyway !)
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby metroman » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:19 am

Hi,
Below is the e-mail I received from De-Agostini. I originally was interested in this part work, but I have no faith in De-Agostini.
Martin
Dear Mr Brown,

Thank you for your recent e-mail.

Unfortunately, we don't have any indication on when the Build your own Model railway title will be available from our publishers. May I suggest you please visit our website http://www.deagostini.co.uk for the latest subscription additions.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards,

Tyrone Murphy
Deagostini Customer Service Team
metroman
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:39 pm

Ah well........ Thanks for letting us know what they said.
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sws35 » Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:52 pm

We had information about the appearance model cruiser "Varyg". Find someone who has seen the magazines with their own eyes could not.
The famous cruiser the Russian-Japanese War of 1905.

sws35
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 10, 2010 7:52 pm

Oh, now that is a very nice model. I hope it doesn't appear in the UK as I don't think I could resist it ;)

Is it static of radio controlled ?

It would be so so tempting !
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Southendnick » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:26 pm

Would love to see it come out here but its one of those ships that would probably be ignored by the wider population of the UK as its history with the UK is very limited.

Be nice to have HMS Dreadnaught or RMS Lusitania sadly there are so many great ships that could be done that never will.
Southendnick
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:56 pm

Very true. Dreadnought would be a great ship to make as well.
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sws35 » Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:01 am

Friends, do not worry. It may appear "Varyg" in the UK. The ship is built in England and the English fleet could well be his sistership.

Varangian Story of the Russian fleet
There is a site
http://www.varyagship.ru/
During the day, while on a visit, saw their advertisements "Gather cruiser Varyag, the legend of the Russian fleet. Well, I think is interesting, if our own specially developed and released. Well done, thought, I'll see will buy, and the price is not big, probably a large circulation. Bismarck, Titanic, Batista is all theirs, already vypuskavsheyasya in the West, and Varyag except in the plastic is not met.
And in the evening has already seen in the kiosk. I bought it. Price 89 rubles.
Right now opened and see.
Publisher and ucheriditel LLC Gee Fabbri Edishinz "address in Moscow
Copyright 2010 GE Fabbri Ltd.
Publishers of three similar to the Italian surname.
SPREADING except Russia are Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Belarus
Printed by Univest Print "(Kiev, ul.Dmitrovskaya 44b)
Circulation: 2500 copies.
All, so little, it seems that the probe.
Doubts reinforced leaflet, which essentially says "The next issue of" Legends of the Russian Fleet will go on sale № 2-29 June, № 3 - July 13, № 4 - July 27, № 5-10 August ", and still without a word of further issues and the frequency and how much they will be. It looks like these five editions will be closed.
Even with the magazine is a questionnaire, many questions alerted and strengthened vague doubts.
Especially question 6. What do you think about the weekly pereodichnosti edition? well, too often, too seldom. - So the question with pereiodichnostyu not been resolved.
Question 7.Skolko issues you plan to buy? Options: Only the first ,2-5 ,6-10 ,11-15 ,16-20 ,21-30, ALL. Strange question for patrvorka, and why the largest response to 21-30, well in 30 rooms Varjag not exactly fit, but how much will ALL? Perhaps the publishers themselves have not decided.
And the question 5. Do you think that the constant price of 179 rubles to conform to this magazine?
A figure of 179 USD that recalls.
Promise
Scale 1 / 130, length 1000 mm, height 395 mm, width 180 mm.
On the very issue.
On the cardboard 49 x 33 cm, print on both sides of the package with the magazine and the blister with the details.
The package, besides the magazine, the questionnaire, which offer to send to Moscow, an envelope with no brand.
Leaflet with release dates to the 5 th rates. And the poster A1 with a large photograph of the model and any advertising that promises even sails! Although the photo they do not, there is rigging.
Details are well packed in a transparent blister soft plastic. Kiel and two frame - plywood 4 mm, the cutting laser. Clay and skin. A cannon on a pedestal 45 x 12 mm, promised metal. Plate 45 x 12 mm, metal.
In general impressions good. It is a pity that the probe, but I hope and full production will sooner or later.

That's me stuffed article from our site in Google. Sorry if that is not so. We are now so hot that most do not want to transfer.

9:00 pm in St. Petersburg 30 Celsius in the shade, a nightmare ....
sws35
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Return to Partwork previews