Hachette partworks build the mini Cooper

Heard about a new partwork ? Tell us here

Re: Hachette partworks build the mini Cooper

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby baby_astons » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 am

well, as someone who's around in french/italian/german/UK forums I can say, I can see (a subtly hidden) pattern there as well:
I haven't seen so much complaints about the total price of a partworks model as there are in germany and the UK - it's the first argument in the latter two countries you get to hear when talking about a partworks model...
most buying partworks are considered half-insane spending "so much" money on models that are totally overpriced - even if there's no alternative (with some exceptions) getting the desired subject as a real world kit -
the interesting thing about a partworks model = small amounts spread over two years, is an interesting argument in france and italy - the others don't like the concept -
additionally, german builders don't want to wait 2 years to complete a model, they'd rather have it offered as a full kit, pay and start building...
in italy you can even find specialized news stands which carry only partworks models - obviously also selling the barbie/knitting/all the other stuff - literally hundreds of different items...
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby R2D2 » Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:25 pm

To be honest I also blame us British people for moaning to much about the price. I help a friend out every day in a toy collectable shop so we have quite a few people who come into the shop that are modelers. I hear most of them complaining about the cost of partwork kits ( The jaguar is the latest ). Try buying one from Amalgam in 1/8th scale! They go for around £1500 to £3500 and dont even have opening doors or lights and sounds! You then pay for it in one go and in some cases dont even get to build it! Spread over a few months helps people like me to be able to build such large ( and in most cases good quality and detailed kits ). I try to buy large complete kits as much as I can ( The 1/8th Revell Corvette kit is the latest ) but the prices are such a lot! The Corvette was £99 inc postage which wasn't bad but some Pocher kits are now fetching up to £1500! If we gave the manufacturers more suport and buy there products they would offer more partworks to us! I know that some are a bit disapointing ( Hatchet for one ) but I would still be interested in their Mini if they release it here. The Deagostini Lamborghini Countach was a delite to build and although overall cost around £1200 it was worth it! I do wish people would buy more partworks so more would be released in the future!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby modelcarsman » Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:05 pm

Ummm... not sure where you get your Amalgam prices from, but you need to add a zero...

http://www.amalgamcollection.com/model/ ... unningham/

Some of their models are £15,000 - EACH.
modelcarsman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby R2D2 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:24 pm

It has been quite a long time since I went on thier site and they are more expensive than I thought! Which makes my point even more valid! Partwork models are good value for what you gret!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby baby_astons » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:33 pm

...AND from my experience, even if you buy all etched and aftermarket parts you can get, your partworks model will still be way cheaper, than an average amalgam -
and if you're a talented builder, your model will be better detailed than most models amalgam has to sell - and additionally, they only offer one kit - the testarossa - which is only marginally cheaper than the finished model - suppose they don't want to encourage builders to buy kits - the price difference is around 15%, which would be a ridiculous premium for a finished model over a kit...

baby_astons
General
General

Postby steve131 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 pm

modelcarsman wrote:Ummm... not sure where you get your Amalgam prices from, but you need to add a zero...

http://www.amalgamcollection.com/model/ ... unningham/

Some of their models are £15,000 - EACH.

:o :o :o :o :o :o How is this company still going ,lovely models but price :naughty: :roll: :roll: :roll: :o
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby casper » Mon Apr 24, 2017 11:28 am

Received a letter this morning from Hachette about the Mini subscription. Along with key ring :think: but no "limited" four issue run for me :cry:
casp

My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby R2D2 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:32 pm

Hi there casper. I had the same letter tis morning! A bit of a disapointment although it could be launched later if enough subscribed! Did't get one issue even just to see what quality it was! :) They should tell you if its a trial run as I recon some subscribers will pull out because of the lack of information! I also got a free key ring! Little compensation for such a let dowm! Im wondering wether to keep my subscription open or cancel it!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby baby_astons » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:11 pm

and what new exciting partworks coming from hachette: the how-to-bake-a-pancake series of 60 weekly parts... :evil:

baby_astons
General
General

Postby MODENAMAN » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:06 pm

I enquired about buying a complete set of the Mini partwork from machete
below is the reply :-

You may purchase the set but it will be sent out in parts until its fully completed.

But currently the due to production delays the collection has been put on hold.

Should you require any additional information, please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards
Shadi
Customer Care
MODENAMAN
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby casper » Fri Apr 28, 2017 10:16 pm

All looked a little thrown together to me for a market response, magazine didn't look right and the sudden rise in scale.
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby R2D2 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 2:51 pm

I to wondered about the scale! Aparently it was released as a 1/7th scale then changed to 1/8th! Seems rather odd!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby booth » Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:24 pm

It was de Agostini that did a test in 1/7 but as it wasn't compatible with all the other 1/8 scale it was dropped.
booth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby baby_astons » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:04 pm

yes we know that, we have heavily complained about the test - wonder what their excuse will be this time to drop it...

baby_astons
General
General

Postby builder76 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 11:30 pm

My very first car in 1962. Spent a lot of time under it!!! . Radiator, hoses, track rods, rubber boots. Rust curing LOL,LOL. :cry: :roll: :!:
However ,happy days visiting Brands Hatch for the day, Southend, Brighton et al. :D
Great times in my early married days. :angelic-sunshine:

John
Life requires patience & understanding, as do hobbies.
builder76
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby modelcarsman » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:42 am

I thought it was first released as 1/10, and now 1/8 which is the 'accepted' scale for partworks.

Mind you, remember we are in the UK and most of the partwork companies are 'scared' of model kits (cars, planes etc) and only seem happy selling colouring books for 7 year olds' or knitting sets or cake recipes for geriatrics.
modelcarsman
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby MODENAMAN » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 pm

Just had a letter from Hachette asking me to update my credit cared , which has expired , so that I don't miss out on any issues of the Mini Cooper !!!
It was abandoned months ago and I have had no parts, just an apology letter. Makes you wonder what their account systems are like ?
MODENAMAN
Sergeant
Sergeant

Previous

Return to Partwork previews