Re: Hachette partworks build the mini Cooper

Postby Andrewyzfr6 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:05 pm

anyone hears anymore about the mini?
Andrewyzfr6
Captain
Captain

Postby R2D2 » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:54 pm

I subscribed at the end of last month! Im still waiting for delivery! It should be soon!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby R2D2 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:12 pm

I subscribed to this at the end of last month but no response yet! Has anyone else heard anything yet?
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:56 am

It was only a test. No idea if/when the full release will happen.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Wolstantonian » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:01 am

middlemuddle wrote:not sure if this will be available in newsagents , I have now had Email confirming subscription 9 if tat means anything ! )
1/8 mini is small , i think they had 10inch wheels !! looks like a mistake on the website and the overall length is incorrect . they show the height as the same mesurement , so working on that , it would make the model almost a cube shape :lol: :lol: length shpuld be around the 381mm mark .

Since they can't be bothered to do basic checks of the dimensions of the model on their website, it really doesn't say much about their attention to detail.

I'm really tempted to invest in this, but I'll definitely be waiting to see whether they actually put the model into production. Hopefully get some feedback on quality on this forum.

When I was 10 years old, a close friend of my parents had a Mini Cooper S in which he did some amateur rallying and he often used to take my brother and me for a spin. It was the first time I'd ever been in a car doing 70mph – it was such a thrill. And my first car was a Mini – it was a brilliant car for bombing around town in but a bit tiring on longer journeys.
Wolstantonian
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby R2D2 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:02 pm

If this is a test run how come I haven't recieved any parts or issues yet? I should have got them by now!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby R2D2 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:22 pm

Got an email from Hachette about the Mini. Very odd but they say they are out of stock, Surely they would have made sure they had the stock before releasing this model! :) Im thinking of canceling my order if this is how they operate! I will give them another month to see what happens! Very disapointed.
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:42 pm

They were ok with the Tiger Tank , but this does sound strange .Nothing worse than being strung along, shame as it looks nice.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby greyhawk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:00 pm

Probably a standard message now that the test is over. I've noticed that often customer support is less informed about what's on offer by the different partwork companies than we are. They're likely all 3rd party call centers and just follow a script.
Building:
HMS Victory | HMS Victory X-Section | Schlachtschiff Bismarck
Citroen 2CV | Lamborghini Countach
Panzerkampfwagen VI Tiger | Grumman F14-D Super Tomcat
JNR Class D51 | Bayerische S 3/6
greyhawk
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby snapdragon » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:45 pm

This happened to me with the F 14 Tomcat. I subscribed and nothing came or happened.

No money was taken from my bank. I got Hachette UK in London on the phone and they told me that nothing had been sent out because hardly anyone had subscribed and it had been taken off the market and had not gone live.

I think that this will also happen to the mini if nobody has go any test issues from the subscription.

I think that the UK office of Hachette is being badly run.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Andrewyzfr6 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 11:13 am

hachette were good for the tiger tank, i had no problems with it.
I dont like their lack of information. Surely the take up was poor because of a lack of advertising? i knew of it because of this forum only.
I think that hachette did the test for the massey fergusson 35 a while back, and there was a lack of interest in it also, but no advertising either.
i bet if the 35 was advertised in classic tractor magazines the uptake would be good because its iconic, along with the mini.
Andrewyzfr6
Captain
Captain

Postby baby_astons » Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:14 pm

well, from what I can see following partworks in several countries, there is a different attitude to partworks -
in italy or france, almost anything will get the go - maybe with one or two test issues, nothing more - so when it starts, people start buying - no ardverts needed -
partworks companies in germany and UK obviously need ten tests (exaggerating now a bit for the sake of humour) to find out that a model won't be released -
the germans didn't like the vw bug convertible, it was a success in france and now in poland (!!), UK collectors (or the offering companies) haven't got the courage to simply start an icon like the mini -
which would obviously sell well - so I don't really believe, it's only up to a lack of advertising - if they start bombing the news stands with issue #1 they won't be able to cope with demand - it's only business courage - or rather the lack of - of the management level...
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby R2D2 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 8:28 pm

I must say that Im very disapointed in Hachette. I sent them a second email and the response was the same as last time "Out of stock". Im seriously thinking of canceling my subscription because if they are like this before the launch of the Mini what are they going to be like when it starts If ever!!! :)
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Sat Apr 15, 2017 1:30 am

now you can see why I am looking abroad for my partworks.

Eaglemoss have cancelled the King Tut one. This is not because they have no stock of the item, it is because the original French Publisher TF1 are probably asking for too much money. I know from a contact that there were problems with the rights negotiations over that one.

It seems thatBrexit may have an effect on partworks and the companies are waiting to see what happens in the negotiations.

In the meantime I have accommodation addresses in Japan and France and I keep my eye on Hachette in both countries. There are some fantastic partworks out there which will never see the light of day here in the UK so to get them you have to think outside the box!

I do want the 1/8 La Ferrari from centauria in Italy

http://www.centauria.it/shop/collezioni/costruisci-ferrari/

This has been released in Russia of all places under the Hachette name I think and if I have to order from there on a monthly basis so be it!

I think we brits need to start taking matters into our own hands to get hold of things we want to build. Hachette UK used to put out some cracking stuff and now they seem to have lost their bottle. If you want to make sales they you have to run a marketing campaign it is no use just putting up a web page on your site and hope people come and look. you have to get out there and tell them. Deag seem to be doing well because they do this. They have more partwork models out there at the moment that Hachette has done in the past 10 years!

This is why the mini and Tomcat failed. The people at Hachette UK failed to do their job properly and it makes me wonder how they are keeping their jobs!

When I see the stuff that is available in other countries that will never make it to the UK I start :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

Ok..... Now I must sleep now I have finished ranting and put the soapbox away! :laughing-rolling:
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby booth » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:58 am

Hachette
My turn for a rant now

So much exciting stuff in Europe and the rest of the work. In their defence I have noticed that my subscriber number in the UK can sometimes be under than 100, while in France it’s not unusual to be over 2500. Also that children’s stuff seems very popular here.

Let’s look at where they are now in the UK with Partworks;

On their site they have
1. Mallard, now finished
2. Black Pearl, now finished
3. Railway, now finished
4. U96, finishing in 13 weeks.

They have tested;
1. Sherman Tank.
2. Mary Rose. From comments in Model space this seems to have been a failure.
3. MF35
4. Revenge
5. Routemaster Bus
6. Milltown Railway
7. F14. this does have a UK advert standing by.

Something has to happen!

My chilblains tell me that we will see something soon, perhaps this Easter? The F14 has already been tooled and is ready to go. The Revenge may ride on the back of the success of the Black pearl.
We shall see
booth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby MODENAMAN » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:44 pm

I had an email today to say that the Mini Cooper is finished, and I have not received one single issue, but annoyingly it is still on the website !
Hachette need to advertise it, it has to be a viable model especially in the UK !, they seem to be very defeatist.
Frustrated subscriber.
MODENAMAN
Sergeant
Sergeant

Postby baby_astons » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:12 pm

now let's put the finger deeper into the wound:
what is available around europe:

la belle (italy)
lancia delta (italy)
vespa 150 gs (italy)
stella polare (italy)
vw golf (italy)
alfa giulia super carabinieri (italy)
amerigo vespucci (italy)
iveco stralis (italy)
roman galeon (italy)
new holland excavator (italy)
f14 (italy)
willys jeep (italy)
millennium falcon (italy)
la ferrari (italy)
porsche carrera 2,7 (france)
r2d2 (france)
l'ambitieux (france)
citroen traction avant (france)
l'hermione (france)
delorean bttf (france)
mb 300sl (france)
renault r8 gordini (france)
f14 (france)
alpha jet (france)
willys jeep (france)
eiffel tower (france)
renault r5 turbo (france)
millennium falcon (france)
tutankhamoun (france)
seat 600 (spain)
vw bug cabriolet (poland)
polski fiat 126 (poland)
messerschmitt bf109 (germany)
t34 tank (germany)
panther V (germany)
f14 (germany)
hood (germany)
lanz bulldog (germany)

maybe I forgot to include some more but this should be what is on offer at the moment...
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby booth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:21 pm

Not much then!
booth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby booth » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:58 pm

Nothing new here for over two years
So, why can't it happen in the UK.? I just hope that we will get a nice surprise in the summer
booth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby modelcarsman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:18 pm

Can you see a pattern...?

Italy and France.
CLEARLY a massive market for part-works.

Let's not blame the publishers.
It's the BUYERS at fault.
Sadly, the UK isn't a massive market for part-works, hence, we don't get the kits that other countries do.

End of sermon...
modelcarsman
Sergeant
Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Partwork previews