Terminator

Heard about a new partwork ? Tell us here

Re: Terminator

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby conqueror060 » Thu May 24, 2018 4:52 pm

At the meantime i was unable to source the issue 1 of the terminator, because finally the newsagent i bought it online didn't stock it and gave me a full refund immediately.

So I have to wait for the first shipment of the subscription.
Built: Ford Shelby Mustang, F1 Red Bull RB7, Bismarck, RC Spitfire, Millennium Falcon
Currently building: R2D2, USS Constitution, La Bretagne, Jaguar E-Type, McLaren MP4-4
Stashed: Hachette Mallard, Altaya Pacific 231, IJN Akagi
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby snapdragon » Thu May 24, 2018 7:08 pm

My apologies for the delay. A few 40's events locally and schools have taken up time with the large metal beasts and the guys. We've had great fun including scaring the life out of a taxi driver who came very fast round a corner of a narrow country road to find 3 large 45 ton tanks coming the opposite way at 30 Km/h and totally blocking the road. By the time he stopped his breaks were glowing and he was praying very loudly!!! There was an exchange in which he seemed to think that he owned the road and was being racially discriminated against. I told him to move the car or loose it and ordered my driver forwards!

He moved!

Here's issue 1 of the terminator. It's all quality stuff! My apologies for the quality of some of the photos as this was very late at night!

Dry fitted into place

The eyes move quite freely and actually pressed together tightly with nothing loose at all!

Issue 2 coming!

Amongst the blurb, it says that the jaw can articulate as if it was talking, also the eyes glow and move. The T-800 can move its extremities and all its articulations to assume different positions and also has the ability to hold objects.

It is very much a mixture of cast metal and after reading the blurb on the model I wondered if micro motors could be added to make it mode by itself wit a remote control!

I'm sure someone out there with more knowledge than me on that will know better!

James
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby conqueror060 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:23 pm

Amazing stuff! Thank you for sharing all the information and pictures!

It looks like a really good model. Do the magazine mention if the model has any motorized parts? Or only moveable?
Built: Ford Shelby Mustang, F1 Red Bull RB7, Bismarck, RC Spitfire, Millennium Falcon
Currently building: R2D2, USS Constitution, La Bretagne, Jaguar E-Type, McLaren MP4-4
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby switch99 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:41 pm

Thanks for the photos snapdragon, it does look good

Still hoping the test sub issues will arrive in the post, but nothing so far
switch99
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby conqueror060 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:43 pm

i finally found today issue 3 on ebay. I can see there is an electronic board as well, probably a test board and also a battery box

conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby conqueror060 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:46 pm

I'm getting more and more excited with this model. I hope the test release will go well and we will get a full release soon
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby Paint_With_Penny » Thu May 24, 2018 8:12 pm

I spoke to hachette and they even claim it's not a hachette partwork

I'm a touch worried about this
Current Builds
    London Classic Routemaster
    Harley Davidson Fatboy
    Millenium Falcon
Completed Builds
    Woo, Steady On There cowboy
Paint_With_Penny
Corporal
Corporal

Postby conqueror060 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:09 pm

Personally I subscribed through hachette subscription platform. What are they talking about?
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby conqueror060 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:12 pm

Look there. It is clearly a hachette title and subscription.

https://www.hachette-secure.com/terminator/
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby steve131 » Thu May 24, 2018 10:15 pm

Will you do it ,if it goes live Snaps :?:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Hum » Thu May 24, 2018 10:42 pm

oh yea, I'm excited, this has to go live!!!!
Hum
Corporal
Corporal

Postby comic123 » Fri May 25, 2018 6:54 am

Thanks for the pics n update hope my sub gets sent out
comic123
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby snapdragon » Fri May 25, 2018 11:57 am

I am very tempted by this and may well reverse my decision to stop partworks.

I normally get my partworks through my local newsagent, but recently Menzies are messing about and I have had no deliveries for at least a month leaving me with partly built Delorean and E-Type and no way of knowing if they will resume supply. Any phone call to Menzies receives a total lack of interest.

I could subscribe to this but I much prefer a weekly delivery, but if Menzies a re not playing then I will have to think this through.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby conqueror060 » Fri May 25, 2018 9:23 pm

Here is the email you can use to contact them. I found it in the subscription confirmation email.

customerservice@buildtheterminator.com

Did you tried this email Paint_With_Penny?

I just sent them an email to ask about the shipment of the first pack and I'm waiting their response.
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby Paint_With_Penny » Sun May 27, 2018 5:31 am

conqueror060 wrote:Here is the email you can use to contact them. I found it in the subscription confirmation email.

customerservice@buildtheterminator.com

Did you tried this email Paint_With_Penny?

I just sent them an email to ask about the shipment of the first pack and I'm waiting their response.

I quit emailing them ages ago as I just done get a reply. Im still awaiting two replies from e-mails I sent about 10 weeks ago, so instead I ring them and bother them that way.

So, my update is this

The people who deny its even a Hachette partwork have been made to look at the website while Im on the phone to them after I threatened to contact my legal team for failing to protect my personal data (Basically I made a load of stuff up, but it sounded good and they got worried and got off their butts). They then gave me a different telephone number, which I rang and a man answered introducing himself as someone from big and little crochette team. I managed to pursuade him that in my instance he was working for the terminator team, which he was happy to claim and after a lengthy call he confirmed that the telephone number on the website is incorrect, they do have my personal bank details and have done for some time and that this is a test. It will begin when they have enough subscribers, so in other words it could start tomorrow, or we could have to wait another 3 months or more.

A lot of work, but when the company you hand your bank details over to deny they even run that magazine you kinda get a tad worried.
Current Builds
    London Classic Routemaster
    Harley Davidson Fatboy
    Millenium Falcon
Completed Builds
    Woo, Steady On There cowboy
Paint_With_Penny
Corporal
Corporal

Postby royjess » Sun May 27, 2018 8:53 am

I wouldn't be a tad worried at all.

If you phone customer services, you will usually end up calling a foreign call centre that probably deals with Deagostini, Eaglemoss as well as Hachette.

Even though there are several company names used for these Partworks, it's all the same company (Jacklin Enterprises LTD) that deals with all these here in the UK.

I've never had any problems with dealing with Jacklin and they have always resolve any problems that may arise, even if it means chasing them up a couple of times. I always give them a week to reply and if they don't respond, I will send them another email to chase them up. I always keep my emails polite and professional. There is never any need to send them rude messages or threats even over the phone.

Remember this Partwork is currently a test and don't expect anything significant until this Partwork goes live.

Roy :)
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby conqueror060 » Sun May 27, 2018 11:53 am

Hmm, to be honest Paint_With_Penny you had many reasons to worry for this and you did very well to insist until you found out what happened. Thank you for letting us know.

Personally I feel more confident because I subscribed using my paypal account, so I am able to block the subscription at any time if needed turning off the automatic paypal
subscription payments.

I'm surprised they told you that there won't be a test subscription shipment (???) and they keep our details only if the partwork gets full release??? Is this normal???

These sound cr@p for me. There is almost always a 1 year gap between the test release and the full release (if approved) not a week or a month. They should just ship the test pack and make 1 charge for the test run as always happens in test releases... Maybe they have changed the way they are doing the test releases?
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby snapdragon » Sun May 27, 2018 12:21 pm

Menzies strilkes again!

No issue 3 was waiting for me at my local newsie.

I now have the chief executive personal email and so will be sending him one outlining my problem and issues. Let's see what happens.

I could subscribe to the Terminator, but not until the I-400 is done.
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby conqueror060 » Sun May 27, 2018 7:35 pm

Probably the only way to get the test issues is to be lucky enough and find the extremely scarce copies through newsagents or find them on eBay later (probably for a higher price).

It seems that the subscription on the website will only work if the partwork get a full release... but I think it is not fair at all to give your card details without being sure you will receive anything. It sounds weird. I’m wondering if the employee in the customer service knew well what will happen.
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby conqueror060 » Mon May 28, 2018 5:19 pm

I'm even more frustrated after I tried to use their customer service email. The email address they provided doesn't exist...

Address not found
Your message wasn't delivered to customerservice@buildtheterminator.com because the domain buildtheterminator.com couldn't be found. Check for typos or unnecessary spaces and try again.
conqueror060
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Partwork previews