Stuka Resources

Hachette's JU-87 Stuka Diver bomber. This has been released in several countries in Europe, but is not available in the UK. (but we live in hope)

Stuka Resources

Sponsor

Sponsor

Stuka Resources

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:10 pm

Today I found a good site for the stuka and other luftwaffe aircraft.

http://www.luftfahrt-archiv-hafner.de/

ON the website under the Junkers section there is a CD rom available for 26 Euro
If my google translation is correct, this is what the content ofthe CD is:

Junkers Ju 87 G-2
Compendium, total 775 pages, consisting of:
Factory Font 2087G-2 aircraft manual, part-board power supply issues 9B-1 and 9B-2 switching description documents, 12A firearms plant with two 37 mm cannons. 1944, 65 pp.
Supplementary chapters of the aircraft manual of Ju 87 D-1. Content: General Information, fuselage, landing gear, tail, controller, structural, engine stand, power plant, power plant containers, General Equipment, Electrical Wiring Issue 1, pressurized oil system, on-board radio system, equipment and special tools, transport and fracture recovery, weapons system, dropping weapons plant, special weapons system, special installations Issue 1 : noise device. 1942 - 1943, 570 pp.

Junkers Ju 87 D-1 to D-8, G-1, G-2, H-1 to H-8, operating instructions / btl, plant font. Synopsis: Prepare to departure, flight operations, maintenance. Design differences from Ju 87 A-1 to Ju 87 R-4. 1944, 140 pages

I am sure that this will be of interest to all of us building the Stuka, and with so much in this archive to all Luftwaffe fans in General!

I am seriously considering purchasing this along with the Jumo Engine CD that went into the Stuka. It can only help us to make this huge model better and more detailed!

I am sure that Baby Astons can give us a better translation than Google! :D :dance:
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Stuka Resources

Postby builder » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:48 pm

Do you know this site already: www.bundesarchiv.de/
Building the DKM Bismarck and HMS Hood.
builder
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby chill » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:16 pm

Well as hard as I have tried and read and looked I have failed to locate a section on anti nephew defences .
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby snapdragon » Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:58 pm

Anti-nephew defences are in place and working fine. He has now learned that the models I make are not playthings UNLESS I tell him they are (usually el cheapo Airfix stuff! :o )

I am aware of the bundesarchive, but for what we need for the Stuka, IE the technical manuals in PDF format on CD, then for 20 odd euro from the website above then it is cheaper than going to Koblenz and Freiburg and spending hours trolling through boxes and getting copies made (undoubtedly costing more). Besides, the temptation of spending most of the time there sampling the local wines and beers could well be too much for me!

The online Luftwaffe archive has so much stuff available in either book or CDR format that the research work has been done. Just need to get a copy and use it as reference!

If Morrigan reads this then yes, they do have a wealth of technical stuff on the HE-219 UHU - full set of technical and maintainance manuals! Just the job for the up and coming ZM offering! :dance: :D

What we have to remember is that Hachette's G1/2 Stuka is just a JU87D-1 upgraded to D3 specs (extra armour for ground attack) with 37mm cannon and engine (Jumo 211J) and designated G1. The G2 was the same but with extended wingtips from the D5 variant.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chill » Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:40 pm

I don't see anythIng wrong with el cheapo Airfix kits!! They look good and the boxes make excellent props for photo shoots as well !

Still at least now we will see a finished Stuka of yours now snap as they are now no danger of your model getting wrecked .
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby baby_astons » Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:20 pm

signing first paragraph chill... ;)
second should be no problem as well unless someone comes up with a decent 1:16 scale partworks spitfire :mrgreen:
building:DB5~E-Type~Testarossa~Aston Vantage V12~Millennium Falcon

stash: viewtopic.php?f=157&t=5628

Always forgive your enemies - nothing annoys them so much.
baby_astons
General
General

Postby snapdragon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:00 pm

For those interested I have found a couple of videos on youtube of the Kannonvogel in action. The 2 37mm certainly packs a mean punch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7ctr2ySP6M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccOXrfBZoLE

If I also come across some interesting sites then I will post them in this thread too
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mark » Wed May 08, 2013 9:48 am

Here is a nice build diary of a German builder. Not finished yet, but they are making a superb job of the model.

http://www.der-lustige-modellbauer.com/ ... stuka-ju87
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Ju-87 Stuka