Telford 2017

The place for idle chatter

Telford 2017

Sponsor

Sponsor

Telford 2017

Postby snapdragon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:44 am

For those interested Here's the dates and some interesting infor for those going to the show.

Venue: Telford International Centre
Date: 11&12 November 2017

Notable Vendors attending show

Airfix
Vallejo
Zoukei-Mura
Revell
Eduard
HPH Models ( The seatbelt firm HGW usually shares the stand)
Master Model (aluminium/brass gun barrels)
Meng Models
Modelling tools
Pontos Models
Rossagraph (Vehicle wheel masks) Better known for the Quickwheel range.
Special Hobby
Zero Paints (never heard of them but it looks like they do automotive paints.)
Tiger Hobbies (ZM friend shop and the new importer for Amusing Hobby)

There are plenty of other vendors etc and the usual club displays.

You will find me on the Saturday either wandering around, Yelling at a Darlek, Kicking the **** out of an unlucky Cyberman or standing in line at the ZM stand looking bored to tears!
failing that.... search the bar!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Re: Telford 2017

Postby steve131 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:48 pm

Been waiting for the Telford run down , not the same without photo of truck or plane transport of your well earnt stash on way back to God Own Country. :lol:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:16 pm

Ah! Thought I forgot something!

Snap's haul sets off back to Yorkshire!

Preparations for this years visit!

Baggage handlers and porters travel to Telford to cope with snaps spending spree

Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby builder76 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:35 pm

No worries Snapdragon
I shall fly in to Telford by Helicopter as usual ........Just to miss those possible stash traffic jam. :violin:

I hopefully will try to attend the Saturday session. ;)
May I`ll bump into you there. :lol: :?: :idea:

Regards
John
ps Should be audiologically recognisable... I will be whistling "The Harry Lime Theme".(sorry no zither) :clap:
Life requires patience & understanding, as do hobbies.
builder76
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Postby snapdragon » Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:06 am

I've had that tune rattling around my brain for a few days now - Thanks!

While at Telford just listen out for a broad Yorkshire Accent bellowing at Parade Ground level telling a dalek where it is going to get its eyestalk shoved!

Failing that, try the Zoukei Mura queue!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:06 pm

The trains a classic :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:51 pm

My main reason for going is to get hold of ZM's 2 seater Do 335 and to drop off some chipset samples at the Vallejo stand. I will probably also chat with the folk at the Meng stand and soo what's going cheap at the Eduard stand that I have use for.

I'm also on the hunt for some Friul metal tracks too.
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:19 pm

There should be a telford pre-order instructions in the Old Man's next blog in the ZM website, but no sign yet.

The new Do-335 two seater (A12) is on pre-order on their website with the current price of just under £130. Ordering direct from Japan will trigger Customs and VAT fees as ZM put the full price on the customs label. Also Royal mail will but a handling fee on for collecting those fees on behalf of Customs and VAT.

This means that a pre-order and collection at Telford is much easier as you don't pay those :D and you get to meet the guys behind the kit.

Official release is 18th November so Telford buyers get theirs a week early!!

Those that followed my Horten Flying wing build know how complete and complex ZM kits are but a fun and learning build can be had from every kit. I need to get and rebuild that kit too as my Nephew broke it beyond any repair. Also they are working on a two seater add on for the kit - an injection one, not a resin one! which should make for a good night fighter build with the addition of radar!

The Horten single seater should retail for about £100.50 from the website plus of course fees from VAT and Customs. It can be bought for 145.00 Euros plus shipping from http://www.dominomodel.com/index.php?action=main

Depending on what I have in my pocket depends on what I can spend, the Do 335 is my main object and the only thing I am going to Pre-order. I do want to visit Tiger Hobbies and replace the two E-100 Amusing Hobby sets if I can. We'll have to see what happens!

Anyone want to volunteer bail money if something nasty happens to a Dalek or Cyberman?

snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby chill » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:48 pm

Why such anger to Doctor Who enemies?
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby snapdragon » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:57 pm

It's called extracting money with extermination menaces!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Bonnett » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:38 pm

I can't wait. I'll most likely be there early Saturday.
Bonnett
Cadet

Postby snapdragon » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:21 am

I have an early start with a 6am train from Gods Own Country to Manchester, Followed by another one to Wolverhampton and then all change to Telford.

You will probably find me standing in the queue of non-IPMS members making snide comments at IPMS Members line about having an extra £35 to spend (members annual joining fee) and muttering "Get a bliidy move on!"

You will also find me in the ZM queue saying the same or scaring a Dalek, beating up a hapless Cyberman or deep in conversation at the Vallejo stand and passing over a sealed package!

You may find me complaining about the price and taste of the coffee and food and going all "Parade Ground" at the bar with the words "HOW MUCH?" Which will make every veteran over all 3 halls come to attention!

Oh yes! I always have a fun day at Telford!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm

Going to need photos of Snaps grand day out 8-)
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:04 am

Hmmmm!

You want me to take my big camera to Telford?

No promises!

However, very late last night I had an Idea.

I have, still unbuilt 3 ZM kits:

Japanese Shinden
Ta 152 H0
Ta 152 H1

Now I usually get quite a few ZM add-ons such as cockpit, metal barrels etc but I intend to build the Ta 152 H1 just out of the box and take it down (somehow without breaking it!) and let the guys look at it.

Today I am pushing everything onto one side. I am having lots of trouble with the airfix ME109 decals. They are very difficult to remove from the backing paper and won't settle or stick to the aircraft despite normal treatments. It's driving me crazy!

Really I just wanted to test Vallejo's new formulae and colours for early Luftwaffe aircraft now I can do the same with late war stuff but with a quality product.

I will tackle the last bit of the 109 with those awful decals after the 152 is done.

James
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Mark » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:12 am

Use warm water, it helps. I’ve heard that a gentle application of a hair dryer can help with awkward decals too. Never tried it though.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snapdragon » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:41 pm

tried that, Mark... didn't improve anything!

I would have used masks, but I didn't want to spend any money on the thing!

Guess the decals were a bum batch!
snapdragon
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Return to The Mess Room