Time to get sorted!

The place for idle chatter

Time to get sorted!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Time to get sorted!

Postby snapdragon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 4:51 pm

So, looking around my hobby room I have realised that I need to sort things out, especially on the paint front. After some thinking I have decided to divide up and store all the huge paint collection into Luftwaffe, RAF etc. I also need to look at some building jigs etc.

After picking up a couple of storage solutions from a company in Ukraine I have decided to go with them for all the storage modules etc. Today I have spent about £50 inc shipping and have bought these:

https://lmg.in.ua/en/product/bb-01-airplane-building-jig/

https://lmg.in.ua/en/product/bb-04-rotary-table/

https://lmg.in.ua/en/product/bb-27-helicopter-assembly-module/

https://lmg.in.ua/en/product/wo-24-stand-for-paint-180x25-mm/

Everything is flatpacked and is a quality product.

Once stuff arrives I shall post on the stuff so you all can see the real thing.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Time to get sorted!

Postby steve131 » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:07 pm

Good idea to categorize paint , look quailty jigs.Have you and yours been jabbed yet ?
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:04 pm

Dad has had his second jab yesterday. I am waiting to be called.

Dad has had no issues at all with his jabs (Pfizer) or "Fizzer" as he calls it. He has a card that says he is vaccinated with the dates etc and got a sticky badge which even at the age of 93 wears with pride!

My advice, after my illness 10 years ago that nearly ended me, is, get the jabs do what you are told and do your bit in preventing the spread and so helping it to die out!

It is my considered opinion that we need to lockdown until everything reaches zero and the virus burns itself out. This is until no more infections are reported and the spread is stopped. If public transport needs to be stopped (trains etc) and nobody in or out of the country plus the army on the streets with roadblocks and delivering foodstuffs etc then that is what needs doing. It is only tough measures now which will help.

The North didn't have the new strain until the tier 4 lockdown and half of London decamped to second homes up here and brought it with them!

Model builders are used to social isolation :laughing-rolling: Happens whenever we sit down at our benches. We can order everything we need online for delivery.... really for me it is business as usual!

This pandemic does make a strong case for ID cards in this country!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Fri Jan 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Got to be grateful to Mark and others running these sort of sites keeping us all sane during all this mess. We had to cancel summer visit to God's Own Country (Emerdale farm tour part 2) last year . Good news your Father jabbed still waiting for my 78 year old Mother for her jab. Thought you would have had a jab also Snapdragons what priority number are you ?myself number 4 Wife and in-laws 6 .
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:11 am

no priority number. just wait for the phone call and appointment!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby royjess » Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:33 am

steve131 wrote:We had to cancel summer visit to God's Own Country (Emerdale farm tour part 2) last year.

Which tour?

Jess and I did both the studios tour and the actual outdoor film set a couple of years ago (on separate visits). We also took a drive to the real village where the real woolpack pub is where they used to film before the set was built.

Don't get me started on the priority list. It's going by age. With regards to saving lives with the vaccine, you will need to vaccinate thirty-five 60years olds to be equivalent in saving lives as vaccinating one 90 year old.

I'm personally at the bottom of the priority list, but I could be higher as I'm an unpaid carer. We are not sure if Jess fits the strict criteria for the underlying medical condition, they are very strict and pacific with what conditions counts, but she is entitled for the flu vaccine each year. So we are unsure if Jess will be part of the priority list or not. Unfortunately they were very slow in giving us the flu vaccine this year, we got it just over two months late, so we don't have much confidence in getting the covid vaccine any time soon.
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Sat Jan 09, 2021 2:09 pm

There is a reason why we are called patients! :D :D :D
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Tue Jan 12, 2021 8:20 pm

Part two of Emmerdale tour was going to be outside village tour ,we stopped at Cricket ground had a nice trip . We were then going to do part 3 real village next year sadly wife won t listen to Snapdragons and put Armouries on the itinerary :angry-banghead: . Got to admit shocked and saddened that Jess and Snapdragons not been jabbed thought you two would be top of list . Roy has Jess had a shielding letter from Borris ? Saying clinically extremely vulnerable and giving you a food parcel. I got it because I got rubbish lungs . :think:So that puts me in group four . Still waiting as Millennium point super centre only jabbed 500 people on its first day Monday :laughing-rolling:
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 9:46 pm

Royal Armouries is a brilliant and unique place to visit. You cannot see it all in one day and there are demos and presentations throughout the day Last time I went I actually got to hold a Baker rifle last fired at Waterloo!

There is much more than just Emmerdale!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am

snapdragon wrote:Royal Armouries is a brilliant and unique place to visit. You cannot see it all in one day and there are demos and presentations throughout the day Last time I went I actually got to hold a Baker rifle last fired at Waterloo!

There is much more than just Emmerdale!

Back of the net Snaps ,how did you manage that ,old school tie?
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:35 pm

like I said there are talks, demos and all sorts happening. Best going in summer when the Tilt Yard is open and there are falconry displays, Tournament Jousting etc.

https://royalarmouries.org/venue/royal-armouries-museum/
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to The Mess Room