Make way

The place for idle chatter

Make way

Sponsor

Sponsor

Make way

Postby steve131 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:57 pm

Someone blocking Snapdragon at the Zoukei Mura stand Telford. http://www.webtopnews.com/queens-guard- ... 9282-2018/
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Make way

Postby wingnut2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 4:33 pm

Nice on duke ! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: nothing stands in the way of the Queens guard.
;)
When the tuff get going follow them........
wingnut2
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Postby snapdragon » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:28 am

When doing ceremonial duties tourists just get in the way.

In my case, worst offenders were those that let camera flashes off in the horses face and give polo mints and sugar lumps which led to a series of bitten hands and the odd tourist sent flying into the road after being kicked or hopping about after a very large hoof mashed down onto unprepared foot.

On the other side of that, there are tourists that think they have to tip after taking photos and so tuck money into the top of your boot. Occasionally there was a ladies phone number or a hotel name and room number too!

On being relieved you would put money into a jar in the duty room and keep the bits of paper. The money was used to buy a pint for everyone on duty and the rest went into the Regiments benevolent fund.

The lady in the video was on the wrong side of the rope and shouldn't have been there. Orders state that Guardsmen do not deviate from their line of March. She got off lightly!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:34 pm

I thought this was a 21st century social media craze / problem . Didn't realise it's an old thing bonus getting a drink and phone number 8-) . Surprised you never got sued because Horse trod on a " innocent victim as they would say " Also of interest tourists feeding horses :doh: Good job you got great vets.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 pm

This horse is very calm and enjoys the attention. … Mine didn't. Look how big the animals are!

Notice the sign!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmAETDOiJo
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby casper » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:31 am

Incredibly tolerant horse and a beautiful animal, I bet they are wonderful to work with
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Return to The Mess Room