Telford Update

The place for idle chatter

Telford Update

Sponsor

Sponsor

Telford Update

Postby snapdragon » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:38 pm

This AM, Neil at HKM asked me to build both the Do335 night fighter and Mosquito IX for Telford.

He has okayed my playing around and altering the Do335 a bit and the Mossie will be done in PR blue as the Met flight option.

My sister has vetoed her "taxi service" as it is "not her thing so I am on the train.

So, I will push the Panther to one side, Have a clean up and build the Do335 and Mossie IX and then, if time launch myself into the Shinden returning to the Panther after Telford.

It will be an interesting train journey!

THe Mossie is a more or less easy build and I can do that more or less from the box. I could add HGW's seatbelt set, but what I remember from the other Mossie - the Mk IV is that not a lot of the cockpit can be seen.

The Do335 B6 is going to take a little more doing and I have already ordered the metal MG set from Master models in Poland and I will probably add the cockpit and exterior set plus the masking set from Eduard. Now, I am not sure, and I haven't gone through that box yet, but I think that although the kit build has the 30mm wing cannons removed from the B2 version I may add those back if they are in the kit and look for some radar antennae!

After all, It may be possible to have those leading edge parts swappable and a what if paint job with a couple of honking big cannons added to the wings should look good let's call it a Do335 B6/U1!

James

Preparing for some very late nights!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Telford Update

Postby steve131 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Looks like you got to check finance for Telford with the release of Toryu there . Don't like your tight time frame to bang out two display kits . :o
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:44 pm

Just e-mailed pre-order for Nick. THe Hs 129 looks stunning and the FW 190 will be just out of this world when it gets there!

As for the competition..... the hints are very general!

http://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/sentiment/oyajiblog_101.html
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:50 am

Just got a confirmation order that a Ki-45 Nick is mine if they make it to Telford! :D :dance:

So, that's £110 spent and I haven't even got there yet!

Already making nefarious building plans in my brain... Definitely metal barrels, HGW seat belts..... Wonder what ZM will put out as add-ons.....

Haven't been this excited in ages!

Well.... The last Telford that I can remember!

Now to have a bash at their competition!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Southend Nick » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:34 pm

snapdragon wrote: Ki-45 Nick

They named a plane after me!

Still better than the bog roll in Aldi called Nicky!
Southend Nick
Corporal
Corporal

Postby steve131 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:39 pm

If its not nosy how much Telford budget you got left :?: Got to save a fiver for a pint :o :lol:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:56 pm

budget not yet set.... and I am NOT paying £5 for a pint or food at that place and being held to financial ransom for sustenance when I can take my own much cheaper.

bottle of flavoured sparking water, 50p. Couple of home made Ham and cheese sandwiches in a breadcake... about £2.50. Filled hipflask..... Priceless! :laughing-rolling:

The Old Man is going to be there so that's a bottle of whiskey or might take him some Pussers Rum as something different instead.

Main Object :

Drop off builds at Hong Kong Models
Secure Zoukei Mura Ki-45 (or something nice instead if it is not ready!)
Chat with Old Man

Secondary Objective:

Visit several other booths
Frighten the Dalek and Cyberman.
Investigate prices and obtain latest Meng & RFM kits if they are reasonable. If not, save cash and invest in Friul tracks and Eduard addons!

James
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby number1 » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:18 pm

And theirs me thinking you'd buy me a cup of tea :laughing-rolling:
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:45 pm

Not at show prices.... But there might be a couple of beers in my bag! :D

You will find food and water prices there eye-watering. Mind you... You're from the south and are used to rip off prices. We in the north consider any snack food over £2.00 expensive and should be gold plated for that price. Expensive places around here are largely ignored by locals and only people with large amounts of money to burn and no sense go there! Usually visitors or relocated people from south of Watford Gap who haven't twigged about living standards and prices!

I would rather have a few extra quid in my pocket than eat an over prices sausage roll and drink a cup of "coffee" that tastes like washing up water and cost an outrageous amount of money!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:02 am

I feel ripped off already!

I bought my train ticket for Telford yesterday costing me £61 return!

Last week it was priced at £34.50 return!

:angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I wonder what the price would be if I bought in August!

I was looking at getting Revell's two FW190 kits and Eduards' brassin sets and some of their etched sets which would bring it up to ZM standards and means me adventuring into resin and superglue land which is more outside my comfort zone that I would normally like :superlglue: :shock: :o :angry-banghead:

With ZM working on the FW190 - which they have been doing for a long time- maybe I should wait and see, but Revell have a couple of nice variants but need a host of extras which add to the cost!

Still, the Ki-45 looks a stunner, even the rough 3D print they have been displaying looks outstanding and the detail of the finished thing always has more detail than the prototype 3D print and even sat down having a look through the box at Telford brings other modellers around wanting a look!

There will be a few kits of different variants of the Nick, also nearly with us is the HS 129. I reckon that the 129 will be released in 2019 and FW190 in 2020 with interim releases of the Nick & 129 variants.

I really need to think about a reasonable cabinet of some description for these things because they're not small!

James
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:27 pm

Feel your pain Snaps , once paid £20 for ticket Birmingham New Street to London Euston , two months later £60 :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:47 pm

Ok... Telford plans are up and I'm making a list of who and where I need to go!

Number 1... You're with Avon which is very near Zoukei Mura. I suggest that you get a close look at their stand and stuff b4 the place opens. So... After dropping off the HKM builds you'll find me standing in the ZM queue. Maybe IPMS Avon will offer a veteran a seat for a few minutes! So.. who do I ask for?
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby number1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:13 am

Hi James, ask for Les, im more likely to be wandering around in a daze with bulging eyes! :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: (will P.M you later)
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby number1 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:28 pm

Just had an e-mail from our club sec, suggests as the M.F.H Brough I built had won the club comp earlier this year I'm eligible to enter it at Telford! worth a punt I reckon, wish me luck folks!
( sorry for the Hi Jack, James)
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby steve131 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:38 pm

It was a nice build enjoyed it . Good luck :clap:
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:17 am

Good luck Les!
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby royjess » Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:12 am

Good Luck Les :pray:
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:11 am

Yes... Good luck with that!

Go for it!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:48 pm

My budget has been set for Telford. This means that I will need to knock over a post office or two for Christmas! :whistle:

My main purchase is of course, ZM's Ki-45 Nick.

Neil at HKM won't confirm, but there may- or may not - be a 1/32 release Lancaster waiting for me. Either way, Master Models has a metal barrels set ready so that's gone on my list and Airscale also will have a Instrument/cockpit panel replacement set at Telford so that's on my list too!

I do hope that there will be a big Lancaster in a box for me and I will be carrying home lots more stuff than I take down!

Ideally I want to get in, get round, and on my way as I am On Parade the following morning in London. I would like to be on the 3:30 train if possible... or around that time!!!

So, While not a gallop round the show I do have a list of stands already done.... Airfix apparently have a special release announcement at 11am on the Saturday I have not heard of any potential new 1/24 kits from them but I certainly will have a poke around their stand, swear at Pocketbond, scare senseless the cyberman and render the Dalek immobile and needing a good mechanic!

I will visit the IPMS Avon stand.... don't make me hunt you down, Les!! :D

I have a large kit list of which the top stuff is:

Meng British Army Husky TSV
Meng Russian 9K37M1 BUK Air Defense Missile System
Meng Sd.Kfz.179 Bergepanther Ausf.A
Meng Sd.Kfz.173 Jagdpanther Ausf.G1

Trumpeter Russian MIG-29A Fulcrum
Trumpeter Russian MIG-29UB Fulcrum
Trumpeter Russian MIG-29C Fulcrum

Vallejo have new air sets out for Russian jets :D

I do have to consider what I already have to carry, and also what prices are being charged at the show. WHen push comes to shove, I will be happy with the Ki-45, possible lancaster and AM tracks, barrels etc!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:10 pm

What did you choose in the end for your Telford baggage options ? Don't like the idea of humping Nick ,Lancaster and two finished models Telford via London , terminating Yorkshire . :? Like the sound of Airfix announcement but will probably end up a damp squib.
steve131
Colonel
Colonel

Next

Return to The Mess Room