Community Spirit

The place for idle chatter

Community Spirit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Community Spirit

Postby chill » Mon May 20, 2019 10:35 am

Out of adversity , comes the community spirit

I read about this appalling act of mindless vandalism this weekend.

We have an update

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-48332649

Where the modelling community has rallied with an amazing sum. Restores faith in humanity :clap:
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Re: Community Spirit

Postby Morris » Mon May 20, 2019 1:33 pm

Agreed on all - and well said! :clap: :clap:
Morris

Posted 'Phase 5' Hachette Easy Rider Captain America
In Very Slow (currently in a holding pattern :()progress 1/18 Pegasus Bell X-1
HKM B17-F Memphis Belle- tail section ....BOTY submission
Morris
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby wingnut2 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:08 pm

chill wrote:Out of adversity , comes the community spirit
I read about this appalling act of mindless vandalism this weekend.
We have an update
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-l ... e-48332649
Where the modelling community has rallied with an amazing sum. Restores faith in humanity :clap:

Hi Loz, me and mrs w2 saw this on the TV and were appalled by this mindless act of destruction, It makes my blood boil :twisted: "4 youths" were arrested but are back on the streets getting "off there faces" again and looking for their next fix and somewhere else to vandalise :twisted: they have been called "youths" I wonder what their true ages are ?
Cry's of more police need to be on "beat" will that happen may be ? I could "bang on" but what's the point ? nobody see's or hears anything :angry-banghead: and lets face it who wants to be stabbed or shot ?
These are my opinions only and have no connection to any members on the forum.
W2.

When the tuff get going follow them........
wingnut2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby number1 » Mon May 20, 2019 4:25 pm

My heart goes out to the members of the MDMRC, truly shocking to see the destruction caused by these b******** I exhibit my models at shows occasionally and to think this could happen doesn't bear thinking about.
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby snapdragon » Mon May 20, 2019 6:10 pm

My heart too goes out to the railway club. I think that we are way to lenient with these people and as a country we must be harsher with punishment.

I found believe that these 4 youths see prison or detention as an occupational hazard so I woul really like to see corporal punishment brought back such as the stocks, public flogging at half time at a football match etc.

Ignore the liberals who say this is wrong. Saudi Arabia are stil executing criminals, Malasia are still flogging them etc. Time we took a stand.

Now we are told those Brits that went to fight for ISIS are to be given 10 years in prison on their return. Why should tax payers fund this? They made their choice. Take away their citizenship and passports. They are not wanted in this country they are in essence terrorists.

If it takes bringing back the death penalty then so be it, but the evidence must be absolutely convincing and total that the accused is guilty.

If it takes turning the clock back to bring some law and order back and to make a statement that crime will not be tolerated and if you are caught then expect to be properly punished. A liberal approach to punishing crime has not worked and I wonder if our spineless politicians will take up the gauntlet.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby royjess » Mon May 20, 2019 9:15 pm

As the above say's my hear goes out to the railway club, no amount of money can replace all the hard work and many hours spent in building these layouts as well as the damage done to any rare loco and rolling stock. This is just pure awful and devastating :(

Sorry @snapdragon, I don't believe in corporal or capital punishment, however I do believe that here in the UK, many crimes do go unpunished with many just getting a mere slap on the wrist with light sentencing.
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby casper » Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 am

That's awful :cry: :evil:
I can't imagine what the owners thought when they found the carnage. Mindless vandalism by the ever uncontrolerble youth of today, no respect for anyone or anything, life is on a plate these days and they have everything to their disposal. Crime pays and pays well when your a young easerly influenced and controlled through terror and manipulation. Bobby's on the beat but can we afford it... Yes we can but the powers won't implement change. The world is changing at a rapid pace and we are struggling to keep up. A so call "child of the modern age" is more tuned in to the ways of the world nowadays and are learning more and learning quicker with the use of Internet and social media. public county secondary schools teach nothing about respect and what's important and since the late 70,s industries have fallen leaving us with less skilled labour in areas like engineering and the NHS, most of our surgeons are from other countries. We really on trade deals and we know how that's going at the moment. Anyway enough about our crumbling system, we need to teach our kids respect and kindness. It's all too easy for them these days and I can't see it changing unless we police the streets. Stop and search powers will help but what's next... Martial law
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby wingnut2 » Tue May 21, 2019 5:12 pm

Far to many acts of this nature go unpunished :twisted: the prisons are over crowed this is because where else can you find a bed TV and all meals found for nothing ? criminals should have there hands cut off how much damage could they do then ?

W2.
When the tuff get going follow them........
wingnut2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Return to The Mess Room