Zoukei Mura's new release - Hs 129

The place for idle chatter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby snapdragon » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:44 pm

After a couple of days looking at the kit and the build book I am tempted to get it on my bench right now!

I won't be able to add HT leads in the engines as they are small engines and the drilling and wire is just beyond me! It may be possible to make sections of the fuselage removeable and some tiny magnets might be used.

My original plan was to wait for the official release and the extra detail sets, but I think another build may be on the cards as well as the rest of the releases.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this, or do you all just want this on my bench and a out of the box build?
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Zoukei Mura's new release - Hs 129

Postby steve131 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 10:07 pm

Get it on now ,and buy another next year 8-)
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:54 pm

The more I look closely at this kit, it is not a physically big aircraft and the cockpit parts and instrument panel are very small so painting will not be easy and decals for dials etc are tiny. I do want to arrange some masks and seatbelt sets plus wet transfers etc do I might as well wait for the release and for the extra detail parts, especially the cockpit set as that is going to make that area much easier and look better than letting this left handed non-artist loose. Looking at the gun barrels then brass turned ones, especially with the Muzzlebrake on the 30mm cannon!

Sorry, Steve, although I want to start this, to do a cracking job then I will wait. This cost me £115 so the extras spent and waited for will just help and give a better look. Better just waiting for a while so some things become easier to do and the overall result is better!
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby casper » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:40 am

You could maybe do a small project while you wait for the extras James "Idle hands are the devil's playthings"
Resist temptation James and wait for the extras :)
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby snapdragon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:17 am

I do have Amusing Hobby's Ferdinand on the bench but I am a bit stalled as a major part has gone missing just after I painted it! I have searched everywhere but it has not turned up and it is a large piece too! :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

I was going to contact AH to get some replacement sprues, but it was such a long process that it is probably better to get another kit sent from my Chinese guy and use it as spares until the original parts turn up.

There is the Christmas Competition and also my 12 days of Christmas build to think about. This year I may be able to combine the 2 with Das Werk's release of their quad 30mm gun which retails at 16 Euros and so comes in to play as it is under the money limit.

They have just announced another small AA kit and that is set to release in January. Probably on my radar too!

Although there is not much bench action, there is plenty going on in the background!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby casper » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:34 am

Is the Ferdinand kit the one with the 16 Ton Strabokran james
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Postby snapdragon » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:05 pm

It is. A cracking kit. Best price from my Chinese supplier and well worth getting and giving cabinet space.

Saying that, a bit of time away from the bench to recharge the batteries etc even in mid build doesn't hurt.

My aim is to finish the Ferdinand and crane for Christmas and for my 12 days of Christmas build.

In the New Year I want to do the Lancaster Mk 1 with clear side and Fortress E/F both in 1/32 and ZM's Hs129. The Lanc and Fortress depends on replacement parts arriving from HK. They have been promised along with their 1/48 Fortress.

I am not sure if I can beat Morris' Fortress build but there will be extras going in. Same with the Lancaster.

Might even tackle 1/24 Typhoon and Hellcat!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:31 pm

Famous again Snapdragons in the old man blog twice Uber jell.
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:06 am

Twice? I count once! Have you been drinking?
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby steve131 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:29 pm

:lol: Drink sounds good , will have a shot of your glass melting rum. Your name and number is on the 129 reserved box photo :lol: . Gotta get your fifteen minutes ,might get the hatrick with a crowd shot. Great smile Snaps you look rightly pleased with your hoard .Jell x million.
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby snapdragon » Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:45 pm

It is a really nice kit. All it really needs is the metal gun barrels. I am just waiting to see if a cockpit set is going to be released too as the decals etc for the instrument panels etc are going to take some work! I will also get some Luftwaffe seatbelts from HGW and fudge a fitting. there are none in the kit at all! The cockpit is small and cramped but it just adds to the detail!

Edit:

You might want to download a few pages of the instruction book here:

https://www.zoukeimura.co.jp/en/download.html#dl_sws17

It will give you an idea of what is in the kit and the quality.

I do believe there is a butcher bird (FW190) released next year. Might like to start throwing change in a jar and working on SWMBO. You don't need to visit Telford for both days, just the Saturday to meet up and grab some goodies!

I do have another Hs129 on order. I am thinking about a cutaway to show a bit more of the interior. Some interesting builds coming next year!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Return to The Mess Room