Hobby Zone Modulars

The place for idle chatter

Hobby Zone Modulars

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hobby Zone Modulars

Postby casper » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:04 pm

I watched a video on youtube a couple of weeks ago and a chap I watch was reviewing these modulars from Hobby Zone, they look really good so I thought I would get a couple and see for myself. I ordered them from the Hobbies web site and they arrived the next day :o I also received a free Magazine. :)
Each modular came very well packed in its own box.
Quality is excellent and when assembled using wood glue (I used Mod Podge) they are very strong unlike some I have seen, the sides and bases are approximately 6mm thick and the bottle supports are 3mm.

first up the 26mm bottle rack

first you have to separate the parts using a saw or sharp knife and glue them in place.

You dont need clamps but It helped while I sat down for Dinner :)

Next up the rack for Tamiya jars

magnets are added to the bottom and sides so the modulars stick together

next up the brush and tool station

Overall I'm very impressed with the quality and design and the way they lock together with magnets, they are also good value for money and its great that you can add more modulars if and when you want to. I will probably purchase some more in the new year as I have lots more paints that need sorting out and its easier to see what colours you have instead of looking through a box or tub. The brush and tool station is a handy thing, now I can have only the brushes I use regularly on hand, less clutter :D
casp :)
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Re: Hobby Zone Modulars

Postby steve131 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Must admit they look very good ,been setting up my desk under the stairs and looking for stuff like this. Like you saying better than hunting around a tin box for paint you forgotten about.
steve131
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:37 am

I’ve got something very similar, but I went for the modules with drawers so I still have a flat space on top to put things on. Very similar construction and materials, and also good quality. However, the problem with drawers is you need a clear space in front of them.
Clear space on my work bench? Not gonna happen! Fortunately they do frames with no drawers, which will get round that issue.

I do like your tool station. That looks really practical.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 15, 2019 3:57 pm

Here are my modules. See what I mean about not being able to open the drawers :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

ImageUntitled by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr

This little gem is worth its weight in spilt decal solutions!!

ImageUntitled by Mark Wakelin, on Flickr

Mine came from here. http://www.ebmahobby.co.uk
However, the ones Casper got are a bit cheaper, but EBMA seem to do a better selection of drawer paint storage. Looks like they're both excellent quality.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to The Mess Room