Shipping to US?

The place for idle chatter

Shipping to US?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Shipping to US?

Postby Bfam4t6 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 5:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I've been eyeing the Centauria Ferrari F-40 and the newly announced Ferrari 250 GTO (my favorite car since childhood!), but unfortunately, I live in the US, and not Italy. Has anybody here ever worked out a system to get these regional releases out of their region, without just waiting for one to pop up on Ebay? Would anybody be willing to forward the issues to US?

Probably a long shot, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.
-Dustin
Bfam4t6
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Shipping to US?

Postby Samets » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:42 pm

There are mail forwarding services that will ship it anywhere from Italy but the cost could get very prohibitive fast.
Samets
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Bfam4t6 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:49 pm

Samets wrote:There are mail forwarding services that will ship it anywhere from Italy but the cost could get very prohibitive fast.

Man, you aren't kidding. I looked up the service Shippin, put a weight of 1lb into the cost calculator, and got an estimated shipping cost of about 100 Euros! :o

Talk about cost prohibitive. I'm willing to pay a small premium, but 100 Euros per shipment is a little outrageous.
-Dustin
Bfam4t6
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Samets » Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:07 pm

Yup! The cheapest shipping is from Japan. Usually gets here within 3-4 days.
Samets
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Bfam4t6 » Wed Jan 08, 2020 10:39 pm

Samets wrote:Yup! The cheapest shipping is from Japan. Usually gets here within 3-4 days.

Hmm, I wonder why Japan. I guess maybe because they have a straight shot to our West Coast ports without needing to cross any other borders, and we already do a lot of business that direction already?

At any rate, someone else on the forum pointed me to the Ferrari F40 US release, so I’ve already subscribed to that one. Now it’s a race to see which kit comes to the US first...the Altaya GT40 that DeAgostini is bringing over, or the Centauria Ferrari 250 GTO, which I hope to god makes a US debut. I should probably only get one. :think: :think:
-Dustin
Bfam4t6
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Valkyrie Hunter D » Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:02 am

Bfam4t6 wrote:Hi Everyone,

I've been eyeing the Centauria Ferrari F-40 and the newly announced Ferrari 250 GTO (my favorite car since childhood!), but unfortunately, I live in the US, and not Italy. Has anybody here ever worked out a system to get these regional releases out of their region, without just waiting for one to pop up on Ebay? Would anybody be willing to forward the issues to US?

Probably a long shot, but I figure it can't hurt to ask.

I'm in a similar bind. I remembered I had a Skypax account and asked them if I could have my subscription sent to my Skypax address. They said I could, so I'll give it a shot.
Valkyrie Hunter D
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Samets » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:39 pm

Skypax seems to be about the same, about what I pay for the service through Italy for my F40.
Samets
Corporal
Corporal

Return to The Mess Room