Nissan GTR

General modelling hints, tips, and techniques. Use of glues, paints, etc.
Please keep one topic per thread, and no long rambling conversations here (You know who I mean LOL)

Nissan GTR

Sponsor

Sponsor

Nissan GTR

Postby karamike » Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:29 pm

P_20170612_170005.jpg
P_20170612_170005.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 1326 times
Hi all,
i am Mike an oldie but newbie. I have a few requests and questions to ask.Was keen modeller 60 years ago without giving away my age. Just bought a part but nearly finished build and asking advice. As you are all aware , parts for these are hard to come by. It has apart out of the screen in the black part of it just above the wipers. I have the piece. What can i use to try and repair this without causing any fogging. I dont know if we can post picture on here but have one. Hope not a silly question but cannot find new screen. Also, i need to buy, beg, steal or borrow the instructions and if someone reads this please contact me. I anyone needs parts i have full body and about 20 other parts i can maybe dispose of. I see you have a separate place to post this and will do when i decide what i need. thankyou
karamike
Private
Private

Re: Nissan GTR

Postby royjess » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:18 pm

Hi Mike,

To glue the part back to the glass, you could either try PVA white glue or Humbrol Clearfix

https://www.humbrol.com/uk-en/clearfix-28ml-bottle.html

Yes you can post pictures on here.

I hope that some of the other members may offer you some other advice or the missing instructions

I hope that you don't mind, I re-posted your picture below

Roy :D
Completed Builds Hachette - The Black Pearl
Completed Builds DeAgostini - Build the Millennium Falcon

Always thinking outside the box....!
royjess
Colonel
Colonel

Postby karamike » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:34 pm

thankyou for the reply. i do have some revell special glue that i used on some chrome but the residue proved very hard to get off. will pluck up courage one day but need these instructions before i do anything.
karamike
Private
Private

Postby Mark » Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 am

Microsol Krystal Klear is also very good for gluing clear parts. Easy to wipe excess off while it's still wet. A damp cotton bud will take thin dry residue off too.

Which instructions do you need ?
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Modelling Know-how