No little people

....or trams. Keep this section on the right track !

No little people

Sponsor

Sponsor

No little people

Postby R2D2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:08 am

Hi every one! Its r2d2 (John). Ive just been watching a load of videos on utube on model railways and Ive noticed one thing with many although not all of the layouts! Many of the loco's and also the carrages do not have people in them! The most obvious lack of personal is fire stokers and drivers in many of the steam loco's! Even in electric and diesel loco's the driver is not to be seen! I can forgive the lack of people in carrages but not loco's! Im going to be building at some time in the future a mixed ( 00 standard and 009 narrow gauge ) layout and have allready built the Loco's and carrages. All have drivers and stokers fitted and all carrages have at least four or more passengers. Some of the layouts I watched were really well detailed and some had sound and even smoke from the steam loco's but what was missing PEOPLE. No drivers, stokers or passengers! I really think people (Ha) need to rethink thier layouts. After all the railways were designed for people so should include them! These are just my personal views but what do you think!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Re: No little people

Postby Mark » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:42 pm

Never really thought about it before, but have to agree. You see lots of people in the scenery, but rarely driving the loco !
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Gundog » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:35 pm

We must act to stamp out this bigotry :angry-banghead:

Stand up for the little people!

Oh you are :laughing-rolling:

It's a good point though. All these manufacturers like Langley and Noch make figures for the scenery part of the layout, but none for the trains. Odd :think:
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Building: Hachette Bismarck, DeAgostini Sovereign of the Seas, 74 Sqn. tribute, Tamiya 1/32 Mosquito FBVI

In the stash: Way too much
Gundog
Major
Major

Postby R2D2 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:32 pm

I think Hornby do a cab detail set of driver and stoker for thier loco's! Its just that people seem to forget to put any in theirs!
R2D2
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Postby Paul » Sun Feb 01, 2015 10:46 am

If you look at 70's Dreamer (Stefan's) posts closely then you will find some passengers in his carriages, though not Hornby ones. :)
Just :) to Cause a Landslide - Some :superlglue: will be included .....

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Pocher Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
Paul
General
General

Postby 70'sdreamer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:12 pm

You're right, normally you don't find any people sitting in locos or coaches at all.The only firm I know who has a driver in some of their locos is Roco.
The passengers in my coaches (in ALL of my coaches are passengers) are all putted in by myself. Because I don't like empty tranis on my layout. All my coaches also have lights in them, too.
You're right, it would look much better if there would be a train driver in every loco. But, if you let it drive forward and backward, you would need one on both sides of the loco, and this wouldn't be correct again... :roll:
A real friend is someone who sings the song of your heart if you forgot the melody...

http://deutschlandstrainspotter.jimdo.com/stefan-hanke/
70'sdreamer
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby 70'sdreamer » Sun Feb 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Oh, and I don't have Hornby models at all. All of my wagons and coaches are Märklin, Roco, Liliput or Trix.
A real friend is someone who sings the song of your heart if you forgot the melody...

70'sdreamer
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Postby Paul » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:17 am

Hi Stefan,

Where do you buy your passengers from? :)
Just :) to Cause a Landslide - Some :superlglue: will be included .....

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Pocher Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
Paul
General
General

Postby 70'sdreamer » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:59 pm

Paul wrote:Hi Stefan,

Where do you buy your passengers from? :)

Years ago Märklin had passengers in it's program. I'm not sure if they still have.
But 'Preiser' for example has sitting people who can be used as passengers, also 'Noch'.Sometimes they don't fit between the seats so you have to cut the feet... ;)

70'sdreamer
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Return to Railways