Next years competition ?

This was a competition for Airfix series 1 kits.

Next years competition ?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Next years competition ?

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:06 am

Thanks for the support from the entrants and supporters.

Now, would you like another one next year. If so, what would you like me to change, and what would you like to keep the same.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Next years competition ?

Postby chill » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:38 am

Another one for next year please.

But no painting linked ones please! ;)
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby snapdragon » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:15 pm

I would like to see it as a more open competition. Maybe with Land Sea & Air section and freedom to choose a subject of your size and choice within the sections - All budgets catered for with the voting system remaining as is.

Entrants must log their buid with photos and descriptions, and note if it is just an OOB build or if aftermarket parts are used etc. Although I did enter the Cristmast competition I did find myself a little restricted in choice and small scale of the actual model - I did enjoy the competition but felt a little too restricted.
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chill » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:30 pm

all honesty- when I toddled along to my local model shop - I was spoilt for choice for models with the price range and even more so when I went online.

As for the sections cats= I started off with a tank and ended with a Harrier- although that was down to me having a hissy fit at the tank !

I think the Captain should run with the same type of competition, maybe increase the price range slighty to encompass the next level of kits. Not too much mind. That way it sorts out the possible tiers of voting. And besides it was fun to see what we all did to pocket money range of models.

If you have open ended budgets we would have 1:35 scale doras up against a 1/100th scale cannon. So the detail will make all the difference.

So the comp should be like the World Motor Racing system - everyone has the same models to attack. And its what you do with them that counts :oops:

Besides there is other chances to win prizes for other large scale/expensive models later this year...
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Trev » Wed Apr 20, 2011 2:38 am

I have just finished looking at last years competition and wow some nice looking models were done.

I would certainly like us to have a comp this year as it looks like you all had fun :)
Trev
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:41 am

It was a fun competition. Well, all bar doing the complicated camo scheme that I foolishly chose (and must finish soon).

I'll certainly run the competition again next year. Probably allowing series 1 and 2 Airfix models. If I had sufficient entries I would try to contact Airfix themselves to see if they are interested in our little games.
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby snapdragon » Sat Apr 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Maybe you could stretch things a little and allow in up to series 6 giving people the chance to include some of the bomber kits that Airfix do like their new Heinkel 111 or their catalina. I'm sure that there will be plenty of interest... and it is not as if they are expensive!

Maybe sub dividing it into Land Sea and Air?

You could also have an open section as well that will alow us to put in anything from other kit makers in any scale!

Instead of digging into your stash for a prize(s) award certificates for each catagory. Builders must blog their build with photos etc....

What do you think?
Partwork Building is like meeting enemy action - no plan survives first contact!!
Certified model building idiot! Please treat with kindness!
snapdragon
Colonel
Colonel

Postby chill » Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:18 pm

Thought the comp was already had build diarys with photos? I know at least two of us had numerous photos. As for blogging- how would that go day 1 I have been mostly filing the plastic flash off. Day 1 update - oops just glued my fingers together..... :D

Nah a simple build diary like we just had is ample. My build started as a tank finished as a Harrier jump jet.

Lets keep it to pocket money kits- more than enough choice to attack. As have mentioned before if Cap'n allows any scale to be included we will have huge models with more detail going against the models range featoured in this years comp.
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Mark » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:52 pm

I want to keep the competition low key, and accessible to everybody who is interested. I think we need to keep it to the pocket money kits of series 1 & 2 in order to make it a level playing field. I think it might take the fun out of it if you allow bigger kits that require more time and money.

I might split it up into various sections if there were enough entries to make it viable, but I can play that by ear when I see how many entries there are next time.
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:39 pm

Mark wrote:I want to keep the competition low key, and accessible to everybody who is interested. I think we need to keep it to the pocket money kits of series 1 & 2 in order to make it a level playing field. I think it might take the fun out of it if you allow bigger kits that require more time and money.

I might split it up into various sections if there were enough entries to make it viable, but I can play that by ear when I see how many entries there are next time.

Hi Mark, what you you mean by series 1 and 2 kits?
Just :) to Cause a Landslide - Some :superlglue: will be included .....

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Pocher Lamborghini Aventador Roadster
Paul
General
General

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:22 pm

Patience young Jedi. Good things come to those who wait.
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paul » Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:06 pm

Mark wrote:Patience young Jedi. Good things come to those who wait.

Less of the "young" now please Mark !!!! :laughing-rolling:

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Paul
General
General

Postby Julian » Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:32 pm

OK you Old Fart....shush and wait..... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
If it's Not Broke, Take it apart and make it better

Timmy Mallet

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/
Julian
Brigadier
Brigadier

Postby chill » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:48 am

Julian wrote:OK you Old Fart....shush and wait..... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:lol:
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Julian wrote:OK you Old Fart....shush and wait..... :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

But it was a serious question re: series 1 & 2 Airfix kits!

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Paul
General
General

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:07 pm

All will be explained in the fullness of time. However, Airfix class their kits as series 1, series 2, etc. Series 1 being the smallest and simplest, progressing upwards. I think they go up to about series 25, which includes the 1/24 Mossie. You can tell the series of a kit from the model number. Series 1 start A01, series 2 start A02, etc. E.g. A01001 is the 1/72 scale Spitfire (first Spitfire kit they made).
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Paul » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Mark wrote:All will be explained in the fullness of time. However, Airfix class their kits as series 1, series 2, etc. Series 1 being the smallest and simplest, progressing upwards. I think they go up to about series 25, which includes the 1/24 Mossie. You can tell the series of a kit from the model number. Series 1 start A01, series 2 start A02, etc. E.g. A01001 is the 1/72 scale Spitfire (first Spitfire kit they made).

Cheers for that Mark :) - All is now understood! :lol:

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Paul
General
General

Postby Paul » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:09 pm

I've just checked.......

As Little Nellie was an Airfix level 2 and I managed to break her - is there any hope for me...............? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Shelby Mustang GT-500
Paul
General
General

Postby chill » Thu Nov 03, 2011 9:09 am

Paul wrote:I've just checked.......

As Little Nellie was an Airfix level 2 and I managed to break her - is there any hope for me...............? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Well we could have a poll to decide.... :D
Who cares who wins
chill
Major General
Major General

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:23 am

You'd be making life hard for yourself with Little Nellie. It's an old moulding and not an easy kit anyway. The newer releases are much easier. Their latest Spitfire Mk1a (Kit No A01071a) goes together very easily.
Cheers
Mark

Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next

Return to 2010 Xmas Competition