Canvas print of your TITANIC model

Hachettes Titanic. This is a very old series, but I know there are a few people still building it.

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Mike B » Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:49 pm

Here’s how to make a canvas wall print of your TITANIC.

I first found and downloaded a suitable Hi-res picture of an iceberg from Google images.

I then cropped the bottom and resized it with MS Paint to just wider than the width of my model of the Titanic.

Using a free poster creator program http://posterazor.sourceforge.net/, I printed out the pictures of the iceberg (2 rows of 7 pages) and pasted them onto a spare piece of styrene that I had lying around. I then clamped this picture in my workmate and put the model of the titanic in front of it and took a picture with a 12 Megapixel digital camera.

This picture was downloaded to my pc and the bottom and sides cropped. I then cut the sea from the lower half of the original iceberg picture and pasted it to the waterline of the Titanic picture and pieces of this sea were copied and pasted at the bow and stern of the ship so that the ship appeared to sit in the sea and not on top of it. I then airbrushed a bow wave and wake using Paintshop Pro.

The picture was then resized so that it’s width was the same as the model. The height was then adjusted to the same height as my BISMARCK wall picture and the final bitmap was downloaded onto a memory stick and taken to the Kodak Photoshop where it was printed on “Rembrandt” canvas.
I then took it to a picture framing gallery where it was framed.
It now sits on the wall above my model as a perfect accompaniment to an excellent partwork.

Mike B
Regiment Sergeant Major
Regiment Sergeant Major

Re: Canvas print of your TITANIC model

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:19 am

Brilliant Mike, have a K.
Cheers
Mark

If you nose runs and your feet smell, you're upside down !
Mark
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Bob Taylor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:25 am

That looks really impressive Mike, have a K from me as well. Wish I knew how to do that.
Bob Taylor
Corporal
Corporal

Postby casper » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:36 am

excellent Mike :D :clap: :clap:
My Honda MP4/4 Build Diary
viewtopic.php?f=80&t=5208
casper
General
General

Return to Titanic