Titanic issues needed

Hachettes Titanic. This is a very old series, but I know there are a few people still building it.

Titanic issues needed

Sponsor

Sponsor

Titanic issues needed

Postby Ryancarteruk » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:25 pm

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody has for sale, or could scan/photocopy so I can make the parts of issues 1,2,3,12 and 13, I recently purchased the rest off eBay for a bargain price of £10.50p :0) but need those missing issues, not so bothered about the magazines , just the building parts.

Many thanks
Ryancarteruk
Private
Private

Re: Titanic issues needed

Postby Eric » Wed Jun 13, 2012 5:45 pm

Damn, i am afraid I used the fretts from my issues for various things, they all got cut up so I can't help you, sorry mate. :(
Building;
HMS Hood
Tiger Tank
RMS Titanic

Built;
Bismarck
Eric
Colonel
Colonel

Postby george66 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:50 pm

I think I should be able to help you with some,
I have a spare issue 12 still sealed, the fret from week 13, a 1:1 scan of part 2 with partial fret and part 3 I should be able to trace around the decking parts and Scan the cardboard parts, but you will have to do some colouring and drawing as I have already cut out and glued some of the parts.
You are welcome to them for the cost of postage, where are you so I can let you know postage costs.
I could also scan the instruction pages for you as well
george66
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Ryancarteruk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:25 pm

George66, you are an angel :0)

I live in crawley west Sussex, and I would be so grateful for the bits, are you signed upto PayPal ? If I was to send you £10 for the lot would that be enough ? I have all the instructions on how to build, the auction I won was for the entire 1-100 magazines, sander, drill, 5 binders, stand and paints. The only bits that's we're missing from it was issues 1-3 and 12-16, it's also missing the planking but I can pick that up from hobbycraft.

If you can help that would be so much appreciated :D
Ryancarteruk
Private
Private

Postby george66 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:53 pm

Yes I have paypal account -Well, the wife does. Will let you know address via PM once I know for sure what issue parts you require

Ryancarteruk wrote:George66, you are an angel :0)

The only bits that's we're missing from it was issues 1-3 and 12-16, it's also missing the planking but I can pick that up from hobbycraft.

If you can help that would be so much appreciated :D

You are missing the parts from 14, 15 and 16 as well? I can also photocopy these for you.
Unfortunately I can't help with issue 1, I cut the fretwork up for strengthening.

Won't be able to post 'till Saturday or maybe even Monday
george66
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Ryancarteruk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 pm

The bits I received from the auction was basically everything but the hull upto issue 17, but I've managed to buy issues 4-11
From ebay also, so I'm missing issues 1,2,3,12,13,14,15,16 build pieces, I've not done an inventory on the pieces yet as they all just come in a box ( I assume this is from a failed to complete build and they gave up after building the hull ) but it looked as tho all the decking is there so I think I probably have the bits from 14,15 and 16. But it can't hurt to have a template just in case,

Sounds a bit confusing don't it ? Lol
So just to confirm the pieces/templates I need are issue 2,3,12,13,14,15,16. There is an issue 1 on eBay at present which I will try to win so I have a complete build.

Many thanks for your help and will send you over the cash when I receive you PayPal address :D
Ryancarteruk
Private
Private

Postby george66 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:16 pm

OK,
Have got everything ready to post to you,
Issue 2 - 1:1 scan and partial fret
Issue 3 - 1:1 scan of fret and templates
Issue 12 - Sealed issue and parts
Issue 13 - Fret
issue 14 - 1:1 scan of fret
Issue 15 - 1:1 scan of actual parts
Issue 16 - 1:1 scan of parts, cardboard pieces and measurements of rectangular decking

Check you PM
george66
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Ryancarteruk » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:30 pm

Cannot thank you enough :D

PM replied to with address and cash sent
Ryancarteruk
Private
Private

Postby george66 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 pm

Item posted today, have PM'd tracking No.
george66
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby george66 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:50 am

Glad you got the bits OK, hopefully they'll be of some help to you.
Maybe we'll see another build thread, will have to update mine later, am now up to issue 21
george66
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Postby Ryancarteruk » Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:43 pm

Well I've hit a snag in the building, the bits that came with the 1-100 issue were alot less than the seller shown on eBay, planking and the sides were shown but were never included with what I received, as I only paid £10 I decided not to make a big deal of it and I'm just waiting for some basswood strips to be delivered to me, it was also missing most of the big pieces of decking so just in the process of sourcing Some basswood strips thin enough to sandwich together to make the decks, that aside, I did receive with it some mini brass etchings of windows which I may use as I'm just debating if to wire the ship up and light the inner decks with LED's.

I'm also still trying to find issue 1 ( I managed to buy issues 2,3, 12 and 13 of eBay in the end for under a tender also, but I think I'm just going to have to make the pieces myself, with now having the forward deck it shouldn't be a problem as I can measure and figure out the size, I can also use the updated templates of the bow Frames to get the actual shape. Alot of work ahead of me but passes the time, lol
Ryancarteruk
Private
Private

Postby george66 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:28 pm

Ryancarteruk wrote:Well I've hit a snag in the building, the bits that came with the 1-100 issue were alot less than the seller shown on eBay, planking and the sides were shown but were never included with what I received, as I only paid £10 I decided not to make a big deal of it and I'm just waiting for some basswood strips to be delivered to me, it was also missing most of the big pieces of decking so just in the process of sourcing Some basswood strips thin enough to sandwich together to make the decks, that aside, I did receive with it some mini brass etchings of windows which I may use as I'm just debating if to wire the ship up and light the inner decks with LED's.

I'm also still trying to find issue 1 ( I managed to buy issues 2,3, 12 and 13 of eBay in the end for under a tender also, but I think I'm just going to have to make the pieces myself, with now having the forward deck it shouldn't be a problem as I can measure and figure out the size, I can also use the updated templates of the bow Frames to get the actual shape. Alot of work ahead of me but passes the time, lol

Have uploaded a picture for you with some measurements - THEY ARE NOT PROMISED TO BE ACCURATE, BUT MAY BE OF SOME GUIDANCE

Hopefully you can understand it

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/k.pates/ti ... NSIONS.jpg
george66
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Return to Titanic