Frustrated-Missing Parts

Frustrated-Missing Parts

Sponsor

Sponsor

Frustrated-Missing Parts

Postby Francois_Swart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:21 pm

Hi all,

It's been quite awhile since I posted or done any work on my HMS Hood, moving 3 times and getting married being the reason.

So after the last move 8 months ago my Hood issues and spare parts were "temporarily" stored in my outside workshop, which is actually being used as a store room lol. Decided to sort it out before I go back to work next week. Long story short one of the boxes containing the Hood parts broke and it all ended up on the floor :angry-banghead: anyway so I Started doing a part reconciliation... So far it seems that I am missing PE fret 1067 from issue 62. There may be more parts missing. Still busy with the reconciliation unfortunately. However I did discover that I have 12 duplicate issues; no's: 4,5,6,7,8,44,45,46,47,48,49 and 50 all unopened and in original packaging.

Recommendations? Scrap the build and sell everything or try and get the missing parts and sell/trade my duplicate issues?
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...
Francois_Swart
Corporal
Corporal

Re: Frustrated-Missing Parts

Postby Francois_Swart » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:25 pm

Forgot to add that I did phone Jacklin Enterprises South Africa and they suggested that I contact Hachette UK to source the parts that I need.

Anyone in the UK know if it will be possible? I doubt that it would be.
I used to think I was indecisive, but now I'm not so sure...
Francois_Swart
Corporal
Corporal

Postby wingnut » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:04 pm

Hi FS. I have had the need to contact ( e-mail ) Hachette UK and they were very helpful, give it a go you have nothing loose, I think the name of the guy that helped was called "Liam",
best of luck !
Coming second place makes you the fastest loser.
wingnut
Captain
Captain

Postby number1 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:45 pm

Issue 62 is available on e-bay uk, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hachette-The ... Sw0j9ZWn~0 hope this helps
number1
Lietenant Colonel
Lietenant Colonel

Return to Delivery of issues