Hood late 1930s

Hood late 1930s

Sponsor

Sponsor

Hood late 1930s

Postby RICHB18 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:47 pm

I am thinking of building the Hood as she was when my great grandfather served onboard her during the late 30's whilst she was part of the mediterranean fleet, looking at information I have found the armament of the Hood at this stage of her life was different to what it was when she was sunk which is what the model is based on, ie she still had 5.5" guns as secondary armament instead of the twin 4" which is what you get as part of the model, does anyone know if I could get these 5.5" guns to the correct scale or would I have to scratch build them and if so what are the best sources of information to use
RICHB18
Cadet

Re: Hood late 1930s

Postby dragonstalker » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:04 am

Hi RICHB18 you could try the gentleman from poland who does metal gun barrels for card model i,m sure he may be able to help you , if not get yourself a copy of either model boats or marine modelling international and look at the adverts in the back you might find someone in this country who might be able to help.
dragonstalker
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Re: Hood late 1930s

Postby dragonstalker » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:19 am

Hello richb18 try mike mayhew at waverly models in clevedon north somerset, sorry but at present i can,t find his tel.no. or his actual address.but he is more than likely to have the 5.5"guns you require if not he could probably make some up for you if you ask nicely just mention my name RICHARD CARTER he knows me as i,m a member of the same club as he is in. good luck i hope your successful in your quest. :superlglue: :superlglue: :superlglue:
dragonstalker
Colour Sergeant
Colour Sergeant

Return to Armarment